35 subscribers a community for 3 years, 5 monthslast post 3 days ago [+]
/r/28th is a brand new subreddit dedicated to sharing and discussing efforts to pass a 28th amendment to the U.S. Constitution to restrict corporate personhood and take money out of politics. More Info Here
States that have called for a convention
- Vermont — May 2, 2014
- California — June 23, 2014
- Illinois — December 3, 2014
- New Jersey — February 23, 2015
2 out of 34 states needed
Wolf PAC — working to pass a constitutional amendment through a convention to end Citizens United
Move to Amend — working to pass a "We the People" amendment through a convention
Call a Convention — working with other groups to call an "open" convention to end corruption and dysfunction
- The Story of Citizens United v. FEC — video explanation
- Mayday PAC — a super PAC to end all super PACs
- Lawrence Lessig TED Talk — an explanation of the corruption in the federal government
- Cenk Uygur THINK interview — Founder of Wolf PAC on passing a 28th amendment
- Link submissions should generally be about constitutional amendments, political corruption, or related topics. All viewpoints are welcome.
- Do not personally abuse other users, or make racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory remarks when commenting.
- Do not submit spam content.
Have a suggestion? This is a new subreddit. All suggestions are welcome! Just drop them off here.