245,958 subscribers a community for 7 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
Detective Pikachu is out now! Search for clues over at /r/Pokemon...
All posts must be directly related to the 3DS.
Basic questions should go in the weekly question thread. A basic question is easily answered with yes/no or Google/subreddit search. "Should I get X or Y?" is also basic.
No clickbait titles or low effort posts. Make sure your titles are clear about what your topic is and your OP includes your reasoning. Diary posts that don't encourage community sharing are also considered low effort.
No posts consisting of just images. This includes posts with just a title and an image link in the OP. (However, you may include photos in discussion threads.)
No asking for general game recommendations. Your request is general if it applies to 20+ games. Use our recommendation guide instead.
No trading or selling items. If you want to trade games or codes, try /r/gameswap or /r/gamesale.
Homebrew, flash cart and NFC spoofing discussions are allowed, but you may not post download links for emulators or ROM files, apps that facilitate spoofing or links to websites selling flash carts or blank tags.
No friend code threads. Use /r/3dsFCswap instead.
No asking for free stuff, including games, My Nintendo codes, etc. YOU WILL BE BANNED ON FIRST OFFENSE.
How do I post spoilers?
Use this code for comments:
[spoiler](/s "Mario saves Peach!")
Spoiler tagging DOESN'T WORK in post titles. Use the tag [SPOILER] in the beginning of your title and give a general description of its contents. Do not include any spoilers in a post title.
Be sure to check out:
- Game Recommendations
- eShop Game Recommendations
- Upcoming 3DS releases
- Subreddit IRC channel
18,467 subscribers a community for 7 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
This subreddit is for gaming-related news and other thought-provoking content. Reviews of new games are fine, as are editorial pieces as long as they aren't just lists. We want to keep nostalgic content to a minimum, but of course there are intelligent things to be read and discussed about old games - we trust our contributors to use their own discretion.
Self-posts are allowed; feel free to start a discussion about philosophy of gaming, game design/theory, or anything else that isn't DAE, a poll/survey, or circle-jerk/nostalgia.
Other worthwhile gaming subreddits:
PLEASE NOTE: Self-posts that are not about games or gaming will be removed. If you have a question or concern about the subreddit itself, please send a message to the moderators using the link below.
33,287 subscribers a community for 7 yearslast post 5 days ago [+]
Love science and technology? Subscribe to /r/HistoryOfTech! | Enjoy Star Wars fanart? Check out /r/ImaginaryJedi!
Wikipedia defines a 'geek' as "someone who is interested in a subject (usually intellectual or complex) for its own sake."
/r/GeekPorn covers a wide range of geek culture. Whether you're a Tech Geek or a Photography Geek, a Math Geek or a Science Geek, a Scifi Geek or a Fantasy Geek, you should find something here that interests you. Let your geek side shine.
- Include some context about the image in the title.
- Include the resolution in [brackets] in the title.
- Only submit static images.
- Videos, collections, interactive images/websites, and articles are not allowed.
- Do not submit a shortened link using a URL shortener like tinyurl.
- Make sure your image is hosted by an approved host.
- Original source is allowed and preferred over the approved hosts. If your submission is not on the list of approved hosts, but it is an original source, please use the tag [OS] so your submission is not removed in error. If your image is rehosted from another approved host it will be removed.
- If you took the photo yourself, you can signify this by using the tag [OC] (original content) and after 24 hours you will be given special flair. If you don't receive flair after a few days feel free to message the mods.
- If you have any questions check out the FAQ.
Other subreddits you may enjoy:
- /r/unixporn [NEW]
900,610 subscribers a community for 9 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
/r/pokemon is the place for most things Pokémon on Reddit—TV shows, video games, toys, trading cards, you name it!
Thank you /u/Invis- for our Mimikyu Snoo!
Thank you /u/keskisormi for our banners!
April Code Giveaway Megathread
- Flair posts correctly
- No politics!
- Don't be rude
- Even if someone else insulted you first! Just report and move along
- Restricted Content
- Don't repost within 6 months
- Keep questions in Weekly Thread
- Certain content will always be removed
- Self Promo & Exchange
- Only one self-promo link/watermark per OC submission
- Don't ask for trades or exchange any info, codes etc.
- Keep giveaways in megathreads
- Illegal/Explicit Stuff
- Don't link pirated content. Discussing is okay
- No NSFW content
- Art & Craft
- OC only—claim your work
- No art on the weekends
Date|Event|Subreddit ----|-----|--------- 23 Apr|Track of the Week|/r/PokemonMusic 23 Apr|Mega Form Theorymonning|/r/Stunfisk 23 Apr|Mystery Mon Mondays|/r/pokemon 24 Apr|Rebuild Tuesday|/r/pokemon 25 Apr|/r/Pokemon Theme Talk|/r/pokemon 25 Apr|Write Up Wednesdays|/r/Stunfisk 25 Apr|Wonder Trade Wednesday|/r/wondertrade 25 Apr|Opinion_Wednesday|/r/pokemon Discord channel 26 Apr|Theorymon Megathread|/r/Stunfisk 28 Apr|/r/Pokemon RAGE THREAD|/r/pokemon 28 Apr|Starter Saturday|/r/wondertrade
> ####Other Pokemon subreddits