Multireddit detailsShowing 4 reddits:
Banned submission types:
Anything not directly related to the 3DS. To discuss general Nintendo stuff, check out /r/Nintendo or one of the numerous Nintendo-related subreddits listed in the sidebar.
NO ASKING FOR GAME RECOMMENDATIONS unless you're looking for something specific. Use Google, the side bar, search past posts, and if you must use the Noob Question Thread.
NO TRADING. If you want to trade games, codes, etc, there's other subs for that.
Direct links to ROM files and sites hosting them. However discussing Flash Carts and Homebrew is allowed.
Friend code requests. Use /r/3dsFCswap instead.
Questions that can be answered by reading the FAQ, using Google, reading the 3DS manual, or yes/no questions. If you must ask a basic question use the Noob Question Thread at the top of the sub.
Begging for free stuff, including games, Nintendo club codes, etc. VIOLATORS WILL BE BANNED ON FIRST OFFENSE. /r/Club_Nintendo exists if you want to trade Club Nintendo codes.
Messages directed at the moderation team of /r/3DS. If you want to talk to the moderation team, please message the moderators directly.
Not sure what 3DS game to buy?
- Check the /r/RedditReview Content List
- /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki: 3DS | DS
- Upcoming 3DS releases: NA | JPN | EUR | AUS
Be sure to check out:
- 3DS Deals
- Friend Code Swap
- MK7 Reddit Community
- Subreddit IRC channel
- Subreddit wiki
Feedback/Q&A - Last updated June 21, 2011
This subreddit is for gaming-related news and other thought-provoking content. Reviews of new games are fine, as are editorial pieces as long as they aren't just lists. We want to keep nostalgic content to a minimum, but of course there are intelligent things to be read and discussed about old games - we trust our contributors to use their own discretion.
Self-posts are allowed; feel free to start a discussion about philosophy of gaming, game design/theory, or anything else that isn't DAE, a poll/survey, or circle-jerk/nostalgia.
Other worthwhile gaming subreddits:
PLEASE NOTE: Self-posts that are not about games or gaming will be removed. If you have a question or concern about the subreddit itself, please comment in our feedback thread or send a message to the moderators using the link below.
Love science and technology? Subscribe to /r/HistoryOfTech! | Enjoy Star Wars fanart? Check out /r/ImaginaryJedi!
Wikipedia defines a 'geek' as "someone who is interested in a subject (usually intellectual or complex) for its own sake."
/r/GeekPorn covers a wide range of geek culture. Whether you're a Tech Geek or a Photography Geek, a Math Geek or a Science Geek, a Scifi Geek or a Fantasy Geek, you should find something here that interests you. Let your geek side shine.
- Include some context about the image in the title.
- Include the resolution in [brackets] in the title.
- Only submit static images.
- Videos, collections, interactive images/websites, and articles are not allowed.
- Do not submit a shortened link using a URL shortener like tinyurl.
- Make sure your image is hosted by an approved host.
- Original source is allowed and preferred over the approved hosts. If your submission is not on the list of approved hosts, but it is an original source, please use the tag [OS] so your submission is not removed in error. If your image is rehosted from another approved host it will be removed.
- If you took the photo yourself, you can signify this by using the tag [OC] (original content) and after 24 hours you will be given special flair. If you don't receive flair after a few days feel free to message the mods.
- If you have any questions check out the FAQ.
Other subreddits you may enjoy:
- /r/EveryGeekShouldKnow NEW
A place for most things Pokémon. TV shows, videogames, toys, trading cards, you name it.
Check out the X and Y Guide Megathread!
Firstly, see THIS LIST of things not to post!
- Submit the original source for artwork/comics or link to the source in comments. Try TinEye to find it.
- Keep posts Pokémon-related (and not solely in the title!)
- Mark spoiler content. How?
- Don't self advertise without mod approval.
Also, as always, follow proper reddiquette.
Chat with /r/pokemon!
Make sure you follow our spoiler guide when posting about spoilers.
Check out the /r/pokemon wiki!