11,201 subscribers a community for 6 years, 6 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
New? Guide to getting started on the Slow Carb Diet - MUST READ BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS
>Fans of Tim Ferriss' book "The 4-Hour Body", can find support in changing their lives in an amazing slow carb forum. > > Things I hope we can share here: > > * Getting started on the SCD (Slow Carb Diet) > * Food Lists > * Recipes > * Motivation and Inspiration > * Support and Accountability > > Thank you for being a part of this great online slow carb discussion!
- [Recipe] - Recipes and Food Porn.
- [OTG] - On the go food options. Restaurants, fast food, packable ideas. Make sure you include the name of the place in the title!
- [Pics] - Before & after pics.
- [Update] - Progress reports and updates.
- [Science] - Articles, science, medical studies, etc.
- [Rant] - People don't understand the Slow-Carb Diet and think you're crazy? Rant away.
Hall of fame:
- [Quality Posts!] (http://goo.gl/85G1GK)
- [Amazing Losers!] (http://goo.gl/xCg21s)
- Women read here
Tim's SCD Rules
> * Rule #1: Avoid “white” starchy carbohydrates (or those that can be white). This means all bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and grains. If you have to ask, don’t eat it. > * Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again, especially for breakfast and lunch. You already do this; you’re just picking new default meals. > * Rule #3: Don’t drink calories. > * Rule #4: Don’t eat fruit. (Fructose –> glycerol phosphate –> more bodyfat, more or less.) Avocado and tomatoes are excepted. > * Rule #5: Take one day off per week and go nuts. I choose and recommend Saturday.
- Buy the book here
- Book corrections and clarifications
- [Guide to getting started on the Slow Carb Diet] (http://redd.it/26x3vs)
- Google Doc Weight Tracker
- Can I eat _?
- Slow-Carb Diet Food List
- /u/jessercas’ meal plans, shopping list and recipes
- The Slow Carb Cookbook (Free PDF - warning danger ingredients)
- Tim's Blog (Link to a quick rundown of the "rules)
- How to lose 100 pounds on the Slow Carb Diet
- Tim Ferriss on the Nerdist podcast
Other reddits you might consider
I hope you all enjoy this great slow carb community :)
The Four Hour Body Slow Carb Diet!
> 1. Browse by tags ▾ > 2. Recipe > 3. OTG > 4. Pics > 5. Update > 6. Science] > 7. Rant > 8. [Quality Posts!] (http://goo.gl/85G1GK) > 9. [Amazing Losers!] (http://goo.gl/xCg21s) >10. Women read here