12,230,527 subscribers a community for 9 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to /r/art! This is a community of art lovers that share their favorite pieces, news or information that will impact the art community. Review the subreddit rules before posting.
Title Formatting Guidelines:
Titles should be to the point; all extra information or context should be added in the comments. We would appreciate if Digital Art posts include the pixel dimensions of the image uploaded
> Your artwork - Title, Medium, Size
> Example 1: Still life, digital, 800x600 px
> Example 2: Still life, pencils, 10x22"
> Another artist's work - Title, Artist, Medium, Year
> Example: The Night Watch, Rembrandt, Oils, 1642
> Album of artworks - Collection of my (or another artist's) work, Medium
> Example: Collection of my work, watercolors
> News article - Title, Year
> Discussion - make it a self post. Expand on your question in the text and include image examples when possible.
> Videos - Videos should be titled in a way consistent with it's content. Both art and news are allowed.
Please flair your post.
Rules | Notes
1. Use the correct title formatting. | The title formatting is outlined above. Make sure to follow it or else your post will be removed. Do not add any extraneous information or be subjective in your title. Plagiarism is grounds for a permaban.
2. Direct image/video links only. | All submissions other than articles must be a direct link to a static image(url must end in .jpg, .png, etc.), imgur album, or video page. Articles must contain more substance than just a gallery of images or an embedded video, and they must cover some current news in the art world.
3. Do not make multiple posts, make an album instead. | You must wait at least 48 hours between posts. Please use the rolling sticky for daily challenge posts.
4. Do not submit sketches, doodles or unfinished work. | Post these to other subreddits like /r/IDAP, /r/sketches and /r/doodles instead. If it's an unfinished work and you need advice, post it as a self post.
5. Do not submit work with extraneous objects in the frame. | We're here to look at art, not your Prismacolor pencils, the desk you framed your painting over, your easel, or anything else that would not be seen if the art were publicly displayed. 6. Do not post memes or other low quality work | Melted crayon "art" and bad MSPaint drawings are subject to a 3 day ban. This rule is totally up to mod discretion. 7. No fan art, comics, or requests for work. | See here. Submissions that don't fit here may be redirected to more suitable subreddits like /r/fanart, /r/artporn, or /r/comics. Requests for art work should be submitted to /r/designjobs instead. 8. Be respectful and stay on topic | Bigotry, slapfights, and off topic comments will not be tolerated.
9. Do not link to blogs, social media, or stores. | /r/art is not a place to sell your work. Consider /r/artstore. This applies to comments and submissions. Also see here if you're using reddit for self promotion. ★ Feel free to add user flair! | Please edit your flair to tell us your qualifications or specialty, but follow the guidelines. Using non /r/art related flair will result in a ban. ★ If your post doesn't show up... | it may have been caught in the spam filter. Please message the moderators and we'll be happy to look into it. ★ If you see any rule-breaking posts or comments... | please report them by clicking the "report" button or messaging the moderators directly here.
For the full version of the rules click here.
Click here for a list of Art-related subreddits you might enjoy
>IRC: Need help or want to chat, join us in #art