63,024 subscribers a community for 3 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
All of the material I convey here is what I learned from attending Concept Design Academy in Pasadena, CA - mostly from Vis Com: Dynamic Sketching with Peter Han. His course can also be taken online at CG Master Academy.
If you are interested in pursuing art as a career, you may be able to get a taste from the lessons here, but I strongly urge you to look into learning from Peter Han directly, whose techniques come directly from Art Center College of Design's late Norman Schureman.
Though the lessons are numbered, they are also separated into different groups of curriculum. Once you've completed the basics (lessons 1 and 2), you can feel free to move onto any curriculum block you like. If you are just looking to learn everything we teach, however, following them as they are numbered would be best.
- LESSON 4: Drawing Insects and Arachnids
- LESSON 5: Drawing Animals
- LESSON 6: Drawing Everyday Objects
Figure drawing has been dropped from the curriculum, as I'm not particularly great at teaching it. There are definitely better sources out there on this topic. I'd recommend checking out Stan Prokopenko on YouTube as a start.
- 250 Cylinder Challenge
- 100 Treasure Chest Challenge
- 25 Texture Challenge
- Massive Demo Dump (many topics)
- Ghosting your Lines
- Regarding the Ellipse Exercise
- Regarding the Organic Perspective Exercise
- Cylinder Basics
- Perspective Basics
- When to use 1, 2 and 3 Point Perspective
- Common Perspective Pitfall
- Intersecting with a Sphere
- Regarding Shading via Hatching
- Drawing Ellipses
- Using Ellipses to Show Circles in Perspective
- Drawing Solid/Weighty Forms
- Line Weights
- Line Weights 2 (potentially better explanation)
- How to Deal with Form Intersections: Step by Step
- Common Issues that Hinder Our Ability to Convey the Illusion of 3D Form
- Interior Environment Cutout Illustration
Other Related Subreddits