654,509 subscribers a community for 6 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
> 1. This Week's Theme is Education
New to \/r/AskHistorians? Please read our subreddit rules and FAQ before posting!
- Upvote informative, well sourced answers
- Downvote and Report comments that are unhelpful or grossly off-topic
The Rules, in Brief
1. Be Nice: No Racism, Bigotry, or Offensive Behavior.
2. Nothing Less Than 20 Years Old, and Don't Soapbox.
3. Ask Clear and Specific Questions, with Time and Place in Mind.
4. Write Original, In-Depth and Comprehensive Answers, Using Good Historical Practices.
5. Provide Primary and Secondary Sources If Asked. No Tertiary Sources Like Wikipedia.
6. Serious On-Topic Comments Only: No Jokes, Anecdotes, Clutter, or other Digressions.
7. Report Comments That Break Reddiquette or the Subreddit Rules.
- Subreddit rules
- Popular questions (FAQ)
- Monthly Award Winners
- The AskHistorians Podcast
- Books and Resources list
- List of flaired users
- Flaired User Profiles
Our flaired users have detailed knowledge of their historical specialty and a proven record of excellent contributions to /r/AskHistorians.
- African History
- North American History
- Middle and South American History
- Asian History
- European History
- Middle Eastern History
- Oceanic History
- Art History
- History of Religion and Philosophy
- Military History
- History of Science and Technology
- Quality Contributor
To nominate someone else as a Quality Contributor, message the mods.
|Participant(s)|Event| |:--|--:|:--| |Oct. 11th ||| |Dr Jacqui Turner, Lecturer in Modern History | From the Astor100 project, celebrating centenary of the first woman to sit in the House of Commons, to discuss the contribution of female pioneers in politics and early female MPs. |Nov. 12th ||| |AskHistorians Panelists | World War II and Call of Duty |Nov. 20th||| Dr. Wendy Matthews & Prof. Roger Matthews | Co-directors of CZAP and archaeological projects in the Mid-East for 30+ years. Pres. of RASHID Int.. Giving free public lecture on the world’s 1st farmers in Iraq + Iran from their excavations at the World Heritage Tentative List site of Bestansur
Feature posts are posted weekly. The current rotation is:
- Monday Methods (upcoming themes)
- Tuesday Trivia (upcoming themes)
- Wednesday What's New in History
- Theory Thursday
- Friday Free-for-All
- Saturday Reading and Research
- Sunday Digest
- AskHistorians Podcast (biweekly)
- Floating Features
- Previous features