53,221 subscribers a community for 6 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
A place to ask security related questions.
All questions are welcome. Be sure to check out the awesome FAQ.
Or check out Getting Started in Information Security from the /r/netsec wiki
Rules & Guidelines:
Be nice and try to keep it clean
If you answer a question try to know what you are talking about
upvotes don't make an answer right
It is highly recommended to independently verify the answers you get here if you want to be on the safe side!
Do not ask for pirated content, encourage crime, or engage in openly illegal activities.
If you get caught in the spam filter drop me a (non-moderator) message.
43,173 subscribers a community for 10 years, 6 monthslast post today [+]
> Follow this handy guide for posting on this subreddit!
This subreddit is for general discussion of computers. Because the topic is so broad, please consider one of these subreddits to get better answers to your questions:
/r/technology or /r/computek.
Building a Computer:
/r/buildapc or /r/buildapcforme.
Buying a Prebuilt PC
Buying a Laptop
/r/SuggestALaptop, /r/laptops,/r/requestAgaminglaptop, /r/Anythinglaptops, or /r/LaptopDeals.
Brand Specific Subreddits
/r/AcerAspireLaptops/, /r/ASUS/, /r/Dell/, /r/intel, /r/Amd
Help with a Virus or Malware
/r/apple or /r/applehelp.
General Computer Tips
/r/learnprogramming or /r/programming
Sell or Buy Used Hardware
/r/hardwareswap /r/HardwareSwapUK /r/hardwareswapeu
For everything else, Google is your friend! Make sure to check there first!
If your question doesn't quite fit in any of the above, or is not receiving answers elsewhere, feel free to ask it here.
49,085 subscribers a community for 8 years, 6 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
This subreddit is dedicated to organizing a decentralized alternative to traditional ISP's.
New to /r/DarknetPlan & Hyperboria?
Other things to check out include:
Please do not post the following:
Links to items for sale or to a promo page for a product or item. (Discussions of a product or item are fine)
Promotion of job openings
Unrelated projects (ie. tor) or topics (ie. piracy). This is for discussion of Hyperboria, not tor, not i2p, not where to get the latest blockbuster for free. /r/tor exists for a reason, as does /r/privacy, /r/torrents, etc. Check out this post for a nice list.
Suggestions to use ham, CB, terahertz, ELF, quantum, akashic field, or FRS radios for a mesh network. For more information, search the subreddit for past posts on these subjects.
Posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion. Removed posts will be in /r/Uncensorship
Please message the mods to have your meetup added here
Meshnet Related Subreddits:
/m/Meshlocals - Aggregates 70+ subreddits!
Terminology, just to clear up a few misconceptions:
Clearnet: The Internet at large, or any network which has no inherent cryptographic security, authenticity, or anonymity. Examples: internet, unencrypted meshnets.
The Meshnet: Used here, "the meshnet" refers the transitional CJDNS internet overlay network currently known as Hyperboria.
/r/darknetplan: A place to organize efforts to create a hardware/software stack for a globally scalable system of interconnected local meshnets. We realize that the inclusion of "darknet" in this name does not properly describe our current objectives, but the meshnet is a necessary foundation for the final goal of a truly resilient darknet.
Anything we missed? Message us mods & we'll gladly fix it.
54,988 subscribers a community for 7 years, 3 monthslast post today [+]
This subreddit exists to debunk urban legends and share real verifiable information from the far reaches of the Tor dark web.
- Information posted must be factually accurate and verifiable.
- Do not post your ARG or fictional story here without labelling it as such
- No links or commerce around darknet markets - use /r/darknetmarketsnoobs/
- No links or commerce around fraud services like carding, counterfeiting, scamming, hacking, etc
- Don't ask how to to kill someone, you cannot do this via the internet.
- Any discussion of illegal or non-consensual pornography must not involve it's access
Feel free to post .onion links!
To get started:
Useful starting points:
1,185 subscribers a community for 6 years, 3 monthslast post 41 days ago [+]
This project has merged with /r/altheamesh
Hocnet is a concept for a competitively decentralized internet, solving the scaling problems of mesh networks through competitive interchangeable centralization that is not a threat to the decentralized nature of the network. Hocnet is designed so that everyone pays for what they use and anyone willing to provide a service to the network will make a profit.
IRC: #hocnet on Freenode
2,061 subscribers a community for 6 years, 9 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
Hyperboria is a decentralised network established with the prinicples of freedom and security at its core.
Please keep posts relevant to network discussion, websites and services on hyperboria, ect...
Links with this logo are only available over CJDNS. If it doesn't load for you check that cjdns is running. This is just a small list of Hyperboria domains I compiled, if yours isn't in there message the mods and we'll add it ASAP.
15,682 subscribers a community for 7 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
The Invisible Internet Project
"Cousin of R2D2"
New to I2P? Use these!
I2P can be downloaded here
- I found a bug!
Check this thread on how to report it.
- Can I use I2P as a proxy to the internet?
It's not recommended as that is not the main use of I2P, but you can. See information on outproxies for more.
I2P links of interest:
For a more complete list of interesting I2P services, read the Guide to I2P services.
- I2P2 Main project site
- Forum Main forum
- zzz Developers forum
- planet.i2p RSS aggregator
- Salt (Now NaCL) Crypto-munitions and tutorials
- I2P-Bote Serverless, encrypted e-mail plugin for I2P
File Hosting and Pastebins
- Zerofiles File and image hosting
- i2push File hosting
- Zerobin Encrypted Pastebin
- ~~LodgeIt General Pastebin~~ Down
- imgbi encrypted image host
Social Networks and Microblogging
- eepSites Obtanium search engine
- Epsilon Apache Nutch search engine
- Identiguy List online .i2p sites
- Perv's I2P site status tracker
- I2P Name Registry
Irc2P comes pre-configured with I2P. To connect with other networks, please follow this tutorial.
- Irc2P (works out of the box)
An open source system for operating distributed forums in anonymous networks
- Syndie Project Syndie Project Website
- Syndie Documentation Project
Don't have I2P? You can still access .i2p sites using an inproxy! Just add .xyz after .i2p in your URL.
If you have made a submission to this subreddit and it isn't showing up, PM the moderators! It might be stuck in the spam filter.
248 subscribers a community for 6 yearslast post 130 days ago [+]
Want to bitch about Oracle/MS/Adobe's recent exploit even though it's been on the front page for 5 days?
Tired of sanitybit's "moderation" and "civility"? Join the circlejerk! Link posts everywhere because self posts don't get karma. If you want to self post, just link to pastebin or something.
/r/darknetplan and /r/conspiracy - because the NSA is everywhere
/r/bitcoin - Aquire botnet. Run mining program. ???. Profit!
/r/anarcho_capitalism - The only working form of goverment!
/r/linuxcirclejerk - THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
/r/mylittleandysonic1 - Home to the Pwnie awards!
/r/moderatorjerk - Best subreddit, or bestest subreddit?
/r/4chan - Test your security!
/r/internetexplorer - The one true browser.
267,041 subscribers a community for 11 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
A community for technical news and discussion of information security and closely related topics.
"Give me root, it's a trust exercise."
/r/netsec only accepts quality technical posts. Non-technical posts are subject to moderation.
Content should focus on the "how."
Check the new queue for duplicates.
Always link to the original source.
Titles should provide context.
Ask questions in our Discussion Threads.
Hiring posts must go in the Hiring Threads.
Do not submit prohibited topics.
» Our fulltext content guidelines
Don't create unnecessary conflict.
Keep the discussion on topic.
Limit the use of jokes & memes.
Don't complain about content being a PDF.
Prohibited Topics & Sources
No populist news articles (CNN, BBC, FOX, etc.)
No curated lists.
No question posts.
No social media posts.
No image-only/video-only posts.
No tech-support requests.
No full-disclosure posts.
No paywall/regwall content.
No crowdfunding posts.
Join us on IRC: #r_netsec on freenode
/r/blackhat - Hackers on Steroids
/r/computerforensics - IR Archaeologists
/r/crypto - Cryptography news and discussion
/r/Cyberpunk - High-Tech Low-Lifes
/r/lockpicking - Popular Hacker Hobby
/r/Malware - Malware reports and information
/r/netsecstudents - netsec for ~~noobs~~ students
/r/onions - Things That Make You Cry
/r/privacy - Orwell Was Right
/r/pwned - "What Security?"
/r/REMath - Math behind reverse engineering
/r/ReverseEngineering - Binary Reversing
/r/rootkit - Software and hardware rootkits
/r/securityCTF - CTF new and write-ups
/r/SocialEngineering - Free Candy
/r/sysadmin - Overworked Crushed Souls
/r/vrd - Vulnerability Research and Development
/r/xss - Cross Site Scripting
131,097 subscribers a community for 10 years, 2 monthslast post 8 days ago [+]
Routers, Switches, Firewalls and other Data Networking infrastructure discussions welcomed.
New Visitors are encouraged to read our wiki.
This subreddit allows:
- Enterprise & Business Networking topics such as:
Educational Topics & Questions are allowed with following guidelines:
- Enterprise /Data Center /SP /Business networking related.
No Homework Topics without detailed, and specific questions.
Networking Career Topics are allowed with following guidelines:
- Topics asking for information about getting into the networking field will be removed. This topic has been discussed at length, please use the search feature.
- Topics regarding senior-level networking career progression are permitted.
This subreddit does NOT allow:
- Home Networking Topics.
- We aren't here to troubleshoot your "advanced" video game latency issues.
- Home Networks, even complex ones are best discussed elsewhere like /r/homenetworking
HomeLab discussions, as a tool for learning & certifications are welcomed.
Braindump / Certification Cheating.
- These topics pollute our industry and devalue the hard work of others.
These posts will be deleted without mercy.
Blogspam / Traffic Redirection.
- This sub prefers to share knowledge within the sub community.
Directing our members to resources elsewhere is closely monitored.
-- You may announce the existence of your blog/YouTube Channel.
-- You may share a URL to a blog that answers questions already in discussion.
-- But harassing members to check out your content will not be tolerated.
- Any post that fails to display a minimal level of effort prior to asking for help is at risk of being Locked or Deleted.
- We expect our members to treat each other as fellow professionals. Professionals research & troubleshoot before they ask others for help.
Please review How to ask intelligent questions to avoid this issue.
- This sub-reddit is dedicated to higher-level, more senior networking topics.
/r/itcareerquestions /r/ccna and /r/ccent are all available for early-career discussions.
We don't do your homework for you.
- Don't ask us what we would buy for a given project.
- Don't ask us how to subnet.
- Show us how you think you should solve those issues, and we will validate or offer enhancement to your initial attempt.
Recommended & Related Sub-Reddits:
Related IRC Channels
Rule #1: No Home Networking.
Rule #2: No Certification Brain Dumps / Cheating.
Rule #3: No BlogSpam / Traffic re-direction.
Rule #4: No Low Quality Posts.
Rule #5: No Early Career Advice.
Rule #6: Homework / Educational Questions must display effort.
4,337 subscribers a community for 8 years, 4 monthslast post 2 days ago [+]
OpenWrt news, tools, tips and discussion. Related projects, such as DD-WRT, Tomato, OpenSAN and LEDE, are also on-topic.
Other subreddits you may like:
^^Does ^^this ^^sidebar ^^need ^^an ^^addition ^^or ^^correction? ^^Tell ^^me ^^here
3,016 subscribers a community for 6 years, 6 monthslast post today [+]
PirateBox is a self-contained mobile communication and file sharing device. Inspired by pirate radio and the free culture movement, PirateBox utilizes Free, Libre and Open Source software (FLOSS) to create mobile wireless file sharing networks where users can anonymously chat and share images, video, audio, documents, and other digital content.
The PirateBox can be built using a number of different configurations depending upon your needs and budget. The basic system consists of a lightweight web server connected to a wireless device. When users join the PirateBox wireless network and open a web browser, they are automatically redirected to the PirateBox welcome page. They can then begin uploading or downloading files.
43,140 subscribers a community for 9 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
Tor - The Onion Router
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Get Tor.
This subreddit is for news, questions, opinions and tips about Tor.
- Posts about the non-technical aspects of Tor's hidden services – such as individual .onion sites and their content – belong in /r/onions. Posts concerning criminal marketplaces may be removed from /r/Tor.
- News articles that do not mention Tor are usually off-topic; /r/Tor is not for general news about privacy or security.
Tor or TOR?
The proper capitalization is "Tor". The subreddit's name is incorrectly capitalized as "TOR" and cannot be changed due to Reddit's technical limitations. Please read the Tor Project FAQ for more information.
How to get started
- Download the Tor Browser Bundle
- Start it. You're done. It's that easy!
How to ask for help
You may have come here because you need assistance getting Tor or a specific aspect of Tor working. Please read this guide on how to ask for help before posting help questions, courtesy of /u/system33-.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Tor
- Tor overview - learn where Tor came from and how it works
- Join the Tor network by running a relay or bridge, risk-free
- The Tor Blog
- Donate - Your support is critical to the Tor Project's success
- Tor Stack Exchange - question and answer site
- /r/onions – all about Tor's hidden services
- /r/tails – the Tails operating system helps preserve anonymity
- /r/netsec – security news and discussion
- /r/privacy – privacy and freedom in the information age
- /r/FreeSpeech – freedom of speech
- /r/i2p – The Invisible Internet Project, anonymity system with similarities to Tor
- /r/Namecoin – Namecoin, decentralized DNS
/r/tor is not managed or endorsed by The Tor Project.