29,404 subscribers a community for 6 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to Ask_Politics
The goal of this subreddit is the promotion of political knowledge by disseminating knowledge of law and policy considerations that drive our representatives and other government actors.
1. Be respectful, civil, polite.
2. Posts should be good-faith attempts to ask questions about politics.
3. Top-tier comments should be good-faith, fact-based efforts to answer questions.
- 3.b. All comments should still contribute to healthy discussion.
4. Avoid layman speculation or wildly unsourceable claims.
5. Avoid personal insults or attacks, partisan bickering, etc.
6.a. For the purposes of this subreddit, "Politics" includes:
- Both the US and International issues
- Military actions
- Police/Law Enforcement behavior
- Any serving or formerly serving elected official, local, state and federal.
- Appointed judges, cases and anything in the judicial branch.
6.b. "Politics" does not include:
- Subreddit drama
If you feel that your post has been removed unfairly, please message the moderators. If possible, please include a link to the message in question to make our investigation faster.
Flair is essentially a badge meant to display a user's area of expertise. Flaired users are held to high standards in this subreddit. Flair is available to those working in politics or a related field whose expertise is directly related to the content of this subreddit. For more details, see here.