1,205 subscribers a community for 6 months, 1 weeklast post unknown [+]
Bitcoin is the currency of the Internet: a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever. While bitcoin tokens on the original network can't be copied or counterfeited, the protocol is open source and can be recreated with different parameters. We call these Airdrops.
Our community guidelines differ slightly from of our parent subreddit /r/Bitcoin:
- All meta discussion about /r/Bitcoin is not allowed. This is not /r/Bitcoin. Same applies to any other subreddit on this site, cryptocurrency related or not.
- Do not use URL shortening services: always submit the real link.
- Begging/asking for bitcoins is absolutely not allowed, no matter how badly you need the bitcoins. No requests for donations whatsoever, regardless of what entity you represent.
- News articles that do not discuss Bitcoin derived forks/airdrops are off-topic. This subreddit is not about general financial news.
- Submissions that are mostly about ICO's or non-Bitcoin derived cryptocurrencies belong elsewhere. For example, /r/CryptoCurrency is a good place to discuss all cryptocurrencies.
- Promotion of client software which attempts to alter the Bitcoin protocol without overwhelming consensus is not permitted on /r/Bitcoin, but discussion is welcomed here. We don't want you to lose your coins or shun your questions regarding what these chains are about.
- No referral links in submissions.
- No compilations of free Bitcoin sites.
- Trades should usually not be advertised here. For example, submissions like "Buying 100 BTC" or "Selling my computer for bitcoins" do not belong here. /r/BitcoinAirdrops is primarily for news and discussion.
- Please avoid repetition — /r/BitcoinAirdrops is a subreddit devoted to new information and discussion about Bitcoin aidrops, forks, and their ecosystem. New merchants are welcome to announce their services for these chains, but after those have been announced they are no longer news and should not be re-posted. Aside from new merchant announcements, those interested in advertising to our audience should consider Reddit's self-serve advertising system.
- Do not post your Bitcoin address unless someone explicitly asks you to.
- Be aware that Twitter, etc. is full of impersonation.