52,813 subscribers a community for 9 yearslast post today [+]
New to /r/bonsai? Please start here.
- User flair is required for all new posts, and strongly preferred for everyone else. If you comment regularly, please fill in your flair! Flair is required if you are giving advice.
- Certain beginner questions belong in the weekly beginner's thread. Please read here for more details on where to post questions. Please click the "Report" button to inform the mods of posts that you feel violate this rule.
- Please read the Beginner's Walkthrough in the wiki before posting for the first time. The wiki answers many common questions. If a topic is discussed in the wiki, please post follow up questions to the weekly beginner's thread.
- Please be civil! Our community is based on mutual respect, and comments that violate this may be removed without warning at the discretion of the moderators. No personal insults. Constructive debate is good; name calling is not.
- Please provide constructive feedback in comments. Try to add value to the conversation and aim to improve your fellow growers skills.
- ALWAYS post photos of your trees when asking questions
- Downvotes are for off-topic comments only, NOT because you disagree with the comment. This helps the mods ensure that correct information is being presented.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The 2017 Nursery Stock Contest is OVER and the master album has been published!
The judging has begun. Good luck to all the contestants and may the best tree win!
Topics of frequent interest
- What are bonsai and how are they developed?
- Troubleshooting sick trees
- Watering Advice
- Repotting Advice
- Pruning Advice
- Growing from seed
- Growing bonsai indoors
- Floating bonsai & water bonsai
What kind of tree is this?
If you're not sure what kind of tree you have, read this section of the wiki. If you're still not sure, stop by and ask about it in the Weekly Beginner's thread.
Looking for more information?
There is an additional resources page in the wiki. It is highly recommended that you read through the links provided there, especially the bonsai4me articles.
Bonsai Artists & Blogs