30,684 subscribers a community for 4 years, 3 monthslast post 23 days ago [+]
Official subreddit for http://averagejoeaudiophile.blogspot.com/
Official Facebook Group at Budget Audiophile
What is /r/budgetaudiophile about?
- This is a subreddit for all budget minded audiophiles and enthusiasts looking to grow into real speakers and separate components; and out of boomboxes, bluetooth speakers and PC branded audio solutions.
- While there is no upper price limit, realistically we focus on speakers in the sub $1000 range, with the sweet spot being between $150 to $500.
- A place to ask questions about speakers, amps, DACs, parts, pieces and to show off.
- If you have a question regarding Bluetooth speakers, please post to /r/Bluetooth_Speakers
- If you just really want a super cheap computer solution (Creative Labs, Altec Lansing, etc.) post to /r/PCSound/
- BEWARE...While you can ask about soundbars and PC speakers, all will be bested by similarly priced separate systems. It is highly recommended to put your money elsewhere. Please be prepared for members to give you alternate and possibly significantly more expensive solutions.
- Feel free to post links to sales and good deals. Amazon, Newegg, Slickdeals, Woot etc. (All affiliate sales/links will be removed)
- Keep personal sales to /r/AVexchange.
- If someone is being helpful and you agree with their advice, then Upvote it. If someone is being helpful but you don’t agree, then explain why before you Downvote. If someone is being insulting or rude or spamming, please report it so the mods can assist.
Trusted Online retailers
- Accessories 4 Less
- Acoustic Sound Design
- BH Photo Video
- Chane Music Cinema
- Frys Electronics
- Music Direct
- Philharmonic Audio
- Richer Sounds UK
- Roberts Camera
- Sweet Water
- World Wide Stereo
- Yukon Acoustics
I have $XXX.XX to spend, what should I buy? A newbies suggested product list.
Guides And Resources
[Everything you ever wanted to know about acoustical treatments TWO] (http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/room-setup-acoustic-treatment/)
THE NUMBER ONE RULE
- Be nice, be helpful. Don't be rude, don't be a jerk.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself.
- Post tags
MANDATORY If looking for purchase advice, please tag your post with your national location at the start. While there are some great budget options out there in the US, those options are not always available for the same prices else ware.
- [GERMANY] etc.
SUGGESTED to help keep things a bit more organized include your Max price point for purchase advice
- [$100] ect.
If you want to show off your new or existing set up use something like
- [SHOW OFF]
NO AFFILIATE LINKS, but if you find a great deal on something and want to share use.
Also check out our friends at!
If you want to hang out with /r/redditaudio on IRC, you can join #redditaudio on irc.freenode.net.
Also now seen on voat.co