14,399 subscribers a community for 3 years, 3 monthslast post 23 days ago [+]
Official subreddit for http://averagejoeaudiophile.blogspot.com/
What is /r/budgetaudiophile about?
- This is a subreddit for all budget minded audiophiles and enthusiasts looking to grow into real speakers and separate components; and out of boomboxes, bluetooth speakers and PC branded audio solutions.
- A place to ask questions about speakers, amps, DACs, parts, pieces and to show off.
- If you have a question regarding Bluetooth speakers, please post to /r/Bluetooth_Speakers
- If you just really want a super cheap computer solution please post to /r/PCSound/
- While you can ask about soundbars and PC speakers, all will be bested by similarly priced separate systems. It is highly recommended to put your money elsewhere. Please be prepared for members to give you alternate and possibly significantly more expensive solutions.
- Feel free to post links to sales and good deals. Amazon, Newegg, Slickdeals, Woot ect.
- Keep personal sales to /r/AVexchange.
- If someone is being helpful and you agree with their advice, then Upvote it. If someone is being helpful but you don’t agree, then explain why before you Downvote. If someone is being insulting or rude or spamming, then Report it.
I have $XXX.XX to spend, what should I buy? A newbies suggested product list.
Guides And Resources
THE NUMBER ONE RULE
- Be nice, be helpful. Don't be rude, don't be a jerk.
- Post tags
MANDATORY If looking for purchase advice, please tag your post with your national location at the start. While there are some great budget options out there in the US, those options are not always available for the same prices else ware.
- [GERMANY] ect.
SUGGESTED to help keep things a bit more organized include your Max price point for purchase advice
- [$100] ect.
If you want to show off your new or existing set up use something like
- [SHOW OFF]
NO AFFILIATE LINKS, but if you find a great deal one something and want to share use.
Also check out!
If you want to hang out with /r/redditaudio on IRC, you can join #redditaudio on irc.freenode.net.
Also now seen on voat.co