43,057 subscribers a community for 9 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
✋ 🇺🇸 Please move all CalExit/California Independence discussions to the CalExit Megathread. 🇺🇸 ✋
We have user flair
There is user flair for every county, most regions (e.g. Bay Area), and a few general flair (e.g. Tourist, Former Californian).
Welcome to r/California!
This subreddit is for news and information of general interest to folks all across the state.
Statewide, regional, and major city reddits:
- Bay Area
- Central Valley
- Inland Empire
- Los Angeles
- Long Beach
- Northern California
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
Some other California Subreddits:
- /r/Calipornia [California pictures]
- /r/unitedstatesofamerica - California pictures
Wiki pages and multireddits:
- Find your California state representative and senator
- Find all of your local politicians (city, county, state, & national) - League of Women's Voters
- Find your local politicians - Common Cause
- Online voter registration
- Check you current voter registration status
Check out the other state reddits with the 50 state mult-link.
Please visit /r/California/new occasionally to help keep good links from being downvoted into oblivion, as well as watch for any posts that might break reddit's or this sub's posting rules. You can also check new /r/California comments.
- NO editorialized titles, memes, image macros, blogspam, self-promotion, spam, reposts, insults or incivility, trolling, bigotry, or profanity.
- No URL shorteners and no archive links. No Twitter posts. No Facebook posts. No personal blog posts. No polls, surveys, or petitions. No school projects or assignments. No fundraising. No videos.
- All posts must be specifically about California and be of interest to folks from across the state. If a post is of only local interest or the only connection is a person was born or lives in California, it is not appropriate. This also includes local crime reports.
- All posts must be about current news and info. (Some California history is also cool.)
- For regional questions, try /r/AskLosAngeles, /r/AskSF, or /r/AskSanDiego instead.
- Please don't say Frisco or San Fran, or The OC, or Cali. Most Californians don't use those nicknames.
- It's a huge state. If your title doesn't include it, add the location in brackets.
- For questions, please be as detailed and specific as possible to make it easier to answer your question.
- Especially if you have a vacation, travel, working here, or moving here question, please search the sub's archives because it's likely your question has been answered in the past.
- All image posts must be by the original creator or have a link crediting the original creator.
- No ALL CAPS, all bold, or #Headline text formatting! No ALL CAPS TITLES, even if the original headline was in all capital letters. No excessive emoji. 😟
- No political news unless it is specifically about California.
- No lost persons or lost pets posts.
- Do not put "x-post", "xpost", or "crosspost" in your title.
- No slideshows or multi-page articles.
- Please use descriptive titles. Posts with vague titles will be deleted.
- All posts must be in English.
- Additional posts on the same topic with no new info may be deleted.
- Don't modify article titles except to add a location in brackets unless the title is excessively vague or clickbait-ish.
- Questions that can be easily answered by a quick Google search will be deleted.
The California flag photo in the sidebar was taken by Håkan Dahlström (CC by 2.0).