59,733 subscribers a community for 8 yearslast post today [+]
>Latest Classifieds | Please read all the rules before posting
/r/Calligraphy is a place for any individual interested in the art of beautiful writing. Whether you've been writing for decades or are looking to pick up the pen for the first time, we're glad to have you!
Read all of the rules below before submitting links here. If you're new, take a look at some of the most recent posts to get an idea of the kind of information that can be helpful for starting good conversations about calligraphy.
We appreciate you taking the time to make this community a more constructive and enriching place.
If you're looking for an answer to a question to help you get started, take a look at our Wiki, if the answer to your question is not there, feel free to ask on the Discussion Tuesday thread.
Posts that do not adhere to these rules will be automatically removed.
- Only calligraphy relevant submissions. No memes.
- Always assign flair. (Declare flair in the title, if on mobile.)
- All link-posts require a top level comment from OP explaining what the link is about. Give Context to your submissions.
- If you are looking for CC, provide context: script, what exemplar you are using, what tools you used, self-critique, etc.
- Don't abandon your posts. Especially reply to requested critique.
- All questions must be placed in the Discussion Tuesday Thread.
- Submissions that are commercial in nature or aim to promote personal brands (i.e. self-promotion) are allowed only in the Classifieds Fridays thread as top-level comments.
- Requesting work from the community is only allowed in the Classifieds Fridays or through PM.
- Mark inappropriate posts NSFW. (NSFW posts may contain the following: nudity, intense sexuality, or profanity. Hate speech or threatening language is not permitted. Click on NSFW posts at your own discretion.)
- Do not make ad hominem or inflammatory comments.
- Zero tolerance for plagiarism.
- Discussions in a thread must stay on the topic of calligraphy.
- No Karma-baiting.
- Adhere to Reddiquette.
Posts and comments that do not comply with our rules will be removed. Bans may follow.
|Day|Thread| |:-----------|:------------| | Monday | Quote of the Week (QotW). | | Tuesday | Discussion Tuesday, for any questions you have related to calligraphy. | | Friday | Classified Friday, for selling, trading, and self-promotion. Every two weeks. | | Quarterly | Ask The Mods, where we will fill you guys in on what's going down backstage. A great place to voice concerns or make suggestions. |
Meet The Mods
/u/ThenWhenceComethEvil - Marcus Carlini is a calligrapher and penman from the San Francisco Peninsula. He specializes in Ornamental Penmanship and Business Writing.
/u/Masgrimes - David Grimes is a calligrapher from Portland, Oregon, whose work is primarily focused in Zanerian Engrosser's Script.
/u/DibujEx - Ariel is a broad-edge calligrapher from Santiago, Chile, whose interest lays in Textura Quadrata, Italic, and Foundational hands.
Special thanks to /u/slter for our wonderful "CALLIGRAPHY" logo at the top of the subreddit.