202,743 subscribers a community for 2 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
🍍 gadzooks! r\/CasualConversation is looking for moderators - Apply here!
neatured sub » r/whowouldwin
- [more] last months » r/Howwastoday
The friendlier part of reddit faq
Share a story, ask a question, or start a conversation about anything you desire. Maybe you'll make some friends in the process.
Submissions Rules rules
- Be sure your thread opens up conversation & maintains a positive atmosphere that encourages users to participate »
- Provide context in the submission text that directly relates to the title.
- Open up conversation for users to comment - it's ok to ask leading questions.
- Posts should have a clear topic of focus.
Don't abandon your threads
- We're here to talk, we don't want the submitter to make a thread and completely ignore it »
- The submitter is required to reply to any top comment within the first 3 hours.
- Don't make a thread if you are going to be away and not able to participate in the thread.
- If you have come back and would like your thread reapproved, shoot us a modmail.
Banned topics of discussion
- Some topics don't fit the atmosphere of the sub and are better suited elsewhere »
- Questions easily answered via Google
- Advertising, Self-Promotion, Spam, or Begging
- Sharing of pictures of the face
- Loaded questions or statements for getting a rise out of people
- Blatant sexual topics, NSFW Links
- Explicit drug use discussion
- Seeking Medical or Legal advice
- Heavily focused on depression, suicidal thoughts or intent
- Heavily focused on personal trauma, death or grief
- Focused mainly on detailed personal hardship, drama or beliefs
- Threads submitted in ALL CAPS or AlTeRnAtInG cApS
- Stirring drama ⇢ message parties involved directly
Remember the megathreads
- Megathreads are used to help keep the sub from flooding with the same type of topic »
- We will remove any new post that belongs in a megathread on the day of. Days without megathreads will be laxly enforced - weekends anything goes.
- Mon: Introduction
- Tue: Relationship
- Wed: Vent
- Thu: Celebration
- Weekend: Chit Chat
Etiquette Guidelines etiquette
Remember the human
- The biggest thing we ask of our users is to simply respect each other »
- Be respectful towards your fellow human.
- Treat others as you would in person.
- Aim to be as polite as possible.
- Use common sense when posting.
Don't be vitriolic
- Behave in a manner that isn't offensive or off putting to anyone »
- Toxic: Being toxic means being rude and can't be nice.
- Flaming: Don't insult other users, either individually or as a group.
- Trolling: Intentionally arguing to get a rise out people.
- Harassment: Following an individual or group of users, online or off, to the point where they no longer feel that it's safe to post.
- Offensive: Causing someone to feel hurt, upset or angry.
- We have a strict PI policy, no posting or seeking of personal information »
- Having information doesn't give you a license to use it.
- Seeking any form of personal identifying info will not be tolerated.
- Be mindful of the information you share.
Sensitive or controversial topics
Be objective when talking about subjects that are sensitive or controversial
- Don't discuss your religious beliefs, gender or political views. Talking about the topic in general is okay
- Don't push an agenda, force your beliefs onto others or belittle another user's view.
Moderation message the mods
Message to the mods for any issues
Please don't hesitate to message us for any reason, we're not that scary.
- Most posts may be reapproved, send us a mail and we can help you to get your thread back up.
- If you are a returning OP who has abandoned their thread, mail us and we'll approve your post.
- If you think your submission may have been caught in our spam filter, mail us for approval.
Removal & Warnings
Abusive posts of any kind are subject to an immediate ban.
- Posts that derail discussion with the deliberate intent of provoking other users will be removed:
- NOT OK: Dismissive, Generalizing Statements or Personalized Attacks
- NOT OK: Hate Speech: False Facts, Flawed Argumentation, Divisive Language, Dehumanizing Metaphors, and/or Slurs
- NOT OK: Unsolicited sexual advances
Help us by giving feedback & reporting
- We need your help to help us keep the sub safe→
If you see any questionable content, please let us know.
When reporting, please explain why you think it should be removed.
- You can also do this via the report link on the bottom of every submission by selecting
otherand filling out the textarea.
- Send us message anytime or head to /r/IdeasForCC.
Follow reddit's official policies
- We enforce reddit's official site wide policies & informal values »
- Reddit Content Policy are reddit's official site wide rules.
- Reddiquette is an informal expression of the values of many redditors, as written by redditors themselves. Please abide by it the best you can.
- Mod Guidelines for healthy communities.
Subreddits of interest directory
other nice subs :)
rando subs who modmailed us