152,254 subscribers a community for 2 years, 1 monthlast post 1 day ago [+]
Videos, gifs, articles, or aftermath photos of machinery, structures, or devices that have failed catastrophically during operation, destructive testing, and other disasters.
Catastrophic Failure refers to the sudden and complete destruction of an object or structure, from massive bridges and cranes, all the way down to small objects being destructively tested or breaking.
- No joke submissions/memes
- Titles must only be informative and descriptive (who, what, where, when, why) not editorialized ("I bet he lost his job!") - do not include personal opinions or other commentary in your titles, if it is a cross-post you should post that as a comment and not part of the title
- Avoid posting mundane/every day occurrences like car accidents unless there was something extraordinary about it
- Posts should be about a specific incident, compilations or montages should be avoided
- Always be respectful in the comments section of a thread, especially if people were injured or killed
- The focus of this subreddit is on machines, buildings, or objects breaking, not people breaking. If the only notable thing in your submission is injury/death, it probably would go better in another subreddit
- If your submission depicts people dying, you must apply the "Visible Fatalities" flair to your post and tag it "NSFW"
- If your submission depicts people visibly being seriously injured, you must apply the "Visible Injuries" flair to your post and tag it "NSFW"
- If your submission depicts a situation where people were killed, but those people are not directly visible you must apply the "Fatalities" flair to your post (eg. the Hindenburg Disaster, or a plane crash)
- If your submission does not require one of those tags, you should pick any of the other flairs to describe what type of failure occurred