16,680 subscribers a community for 5 years, 1 monthlast post 1 day ago [+]
PLEASE READ RULES AND SAFETY ISSUES IN THE SIDEBAR BEFORE POSTING
The science-based DIY recipes for beauty products
1) Safety First!
>Certain ingredients are unsafe for use on your skin. Comments or posts recommending the following ingredients will be removed:
• Baking soda except as a pH adjuster.
• Citrus oils and juices without proper dilution.
• Essential oils without proper dilution.
• TCA peels or salicylic acid products intended for large areas of the body
• Products using ineffective preservatives (rosemary extract, essential oils, glycerin, etc.)
• Any product containing water unless it is A) used immediately or B) adequately preserved
• Ingredients intended for consumption (e.g. brewed tea, yogurt, etc.) that are not used immediately
• Nutritional supplements
2) Please do not ask for/provide medical advice or treatment.
>We are not here to diagnose or tell you specifically how you should be treated. If you are not satisfied with your dermatologist or doctor, please google "ask a nurse online chat" or "telemedicine service". Some of their services are free. Any post or comment intending to recreate a prescription treatment will be removed.
3) Please do not link your blog/youtube here to increase traffic.
>You must contribute meaningful comments on a regular basis in order to post occasional links to your blog. In order to link to your blog or youtube channel, contact the mod team for blogger flair. Posting self-promotion links without blogger flair, or posting excessive self-promotion regardless of flair, will be removed and continued rule-breaking may result in a ban.
4) We do not allow sales, whether it is personal or through your online store.
>This is for DIY recipes, not a "buy my stuff" bulletin board. This is not a place to ask for free help with your products so you can sell and make money. We also do not allow posts or comments looking to commission products. If money would change hands between two redditors, this is not the sub to post it in.
5) No scare tactics.
>"Chemicals are bad", "Parabens cause cancer", and "Mineral oil will suffocate skin" are not acceptable. We support scientific findings and legitimate research on ingredients. Any claims about the safety or effects of an ingredient or product that cannot be backed up with legitimate research will be removed and users who continue to post false information may be banned.
6) Simple questions belong in the "No Question is Stupid & Chat" thread.
>Questions that can be answered in one sentence like "which emulsifier should I use for my oil cleanser?" or "what's the ideal pH range for niacinamide?" should be posted in the stickied questions thread rather than as a standalone post.