38,244 subscribers a community for 9 yearslast post today [+]
Join us at Discord!
(VEGA is in there, too)
No spam. Stay on Topic. Don't Spam. Users may self-promote once per week for channels, streams, etc. Other users please limit video posts to once per day. Videos in a series (like a Let's Play) may only have the first episode posted.
No porn / NSFL content. This includes HDoom, impse, rule 34, idgames/xxx, etc. No NSFL material. This sub is about fictional demon slaying.
No "warez", piracy, or other generally illegal content. This includes all the Doom 1/2 IWADS. This rule also applies to all kind of hacks and other cheat programs for any DOOM game.
Be cool. Treat each other like human beings. Avoid shitposting. Avoid Politics as much as possible.
Make sure to read the FAQ as well.. Moderators reserve the right to interpret the rules as they see fit if something is borderline.
Doom is a series of sci-fi action/horror games from id software, starting with Doom in 1993, and continuing with Doom^3 and Doom (2016).
In Doom, you play as a space marine tasked with defeating the unleashed demonic forces of Hell, using a variety of heavy weapons and your own skill against the invading hordes. Doom codified and revolutionized First-Person Shooters, and remains one of the most influential games in the genre.
Feel free to also discuss Doom-engine games such as Heretic, Hexen, and Strife, and any others. Please tag these posts with [game name], to make them easier to distinguish.
Reminder: Please use Post flairs to help others see what kind of content you're posting.
- /r/SnapMap - Find and share awesome SnapMap creations.
- /r/BrutalDoom - The subreddit for one of Doom's most popular mods.
- /r/CompetitiveDoom - For anything related to competative Doom-ing, theory, techniques, etc.
- /r/HeXen - Dedicated subreddit for HeXen discussion.
/r/LetsPlay - Anything not a speedrun, walkthrough, or review may fit better here.
DoomWorld - The definitive Doom site for news, info, and archives.
- idgames Archive - Doomworld mirror of the long-standing mod archive.
- Doom Wiki - Everything you could want to know, and more.
- Doom2.net - Classic Doom info and history.
- DoomSDA - Speed Demos Archive
- Get WAD - Huge WAD archive/host.
- GetWAD - WAD search utility.
- DooM WAD Station - WAD / Mod reviews (also at /r/doomwadstation)
- WADs in Progress - Classic mod info site, still updated
To chat with other Doomers, just get an IRC client. Doomseeker and Zdaemon clients have IRC in house. Here are some networks and channels to get you started.
Please note that the Networks below are not operated by /r/Doom mods.
|Information| |:--| |Release-Date: TBA| |NOTE: Gameplay-Demo at QuakeCon (August, 10th)| |- Official Teaser Trailer|
|Information| |:--| |- Release Date: May 13, 2016| |- SnapMap Wiki| |- Official Campaign Trailer| |- Official Multiplayer Trailer| |- "Fight Like Hell" Cinematic Trailer| | - Official Launch Trailer | |- Wikipedia|
Ultimate Doom and Doom 2
The classics, balls-to-the-wall demon slaughtering action. Rip and tear!
Sci-Fi Survival Horror reboot