47,609 subscribers a community for 9 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
This is a community for learners of German and discussions of the German language.
Feel free to contribute materials, questions, tips, guides!
You can also find us on the text/voice chat platform Discord:
1) Posts that concern Germany in general should be posted to /r/Germany (English) or /r/de (German) instead. Posts that do not concern the German language or learning German will be removed.
2) If you need something translated or transcribed, ask for it over at /r/translator.
3) If you'd like to know how you sound speaking in German you can ask /r/judgemyaccent.
4) Please do not post homework requests - we are happy to correct anything for you, but we won't do the work for you. Also, please keep in mind that teachers are well aware of sudden jumps in the level of your college German ;)
5) Please do not use this reddit to solicit for-profit language learning courses or paid programs.
Green For natives only. Pick if German is your mother tongue.
Blue For non-natives and learners only. Pick a flair according to your level.
Gold If you have a German/linguistics degree, request this special flair from the mods (no proof needed).
Make sure to edit your flair so it also contains some info about your region (natives) or your native language (learners).
Both German-language subreddits and subreddits for learners of German can be found in the DACH wiki.
When reporting a submission or comment, please message the moderators with a short explanation of the reasons for the report.