861 subscribers a community for 5 years, 1 monthlast post 1 day ago [+]
For women in the lineup.
We love the salt, the sand, the sea and the sun. We love the ocean, the beauty and power of its waves. We love to have fun, so we put up with nose drain, bruises, fin cuts, sore muscles, hold downs, flat spells and traveling with boards, for the love and beauty of surfing. We believe we deserve to be in the line up as much as anyone.
You may be really stoked on a session, or inspired by a female surfer, and would like to share with some like minded people. You may have problems you want to discuss or have issues that /r/Surfing might not understand (big boob problems, getting cat-called whilst changing, whether to wear a swimsuit under a wetsuit, harassment just because you are a woman). Sometimes you might get tired of seeing comments or promotion about female surfers and how "hot" they are. You may even like to try surfing (go on).
/r/GirlSurfers is a safe space. We are obviously female friendly, but welcome all genders, age, race, what have you. Feel free to post and use this space however you see fit. If you'd like to be a mod or help with CSS stuff, feel free to send a message to the mods.
- For general surfing tips go to /r/Surfing
- GirlSurfers Frequently Asked Questions
- Subreddit Tried and Tested Products
- Local Girl Surf Groups
- Love seeing more women in action? Try out /r/WomenShredders
- Please do not submit posts or comments with creepy/sexualizing language, even if you think we/they/girls are "hot".
- Please be civil and respectful--No racism, sexism, misogyny, bigotry, and all that other hateful stuff. That kind of negativity does not belong here.
- Feel free to post pictures, videos, self.posts, or whatever about surfing (no blatant advertising please).
- If you see any inappropriate content or comments, please use the report function.
- If you are ever harassed through PMs because of the content you post on this subreddit, report to the admins and also send a PM to the mods with the information.
- Surf forecast
- NOAA Buoy Information
- NOAA Buoy Measurement Descriptions
- Online Surf Lessons with Michelle Michael
- Bic Online Surf Lessons
- Surf Simply Podcast
- Salt Gypsy surfwear Surf leggings, bikinis, shorts and rash vests
- Girl Surf Network Network run by girl surfers, for girl surfers
- The Salt Sirens Ocean sports site made for and by women. Includes surf and conservation sections
- Womens Surf Style Magazine: Womens surf magazine in the US
- Curl Magazine: Womens surf magazine, women in action and fashion
/r/AdrenalinePorn /r/kiteboarding /r/noseriding /r/shredditgirls /r/skateboarding /r/skatergirls /r/snowboarding /r/surfing /r/wake /r/WomenShredders
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ