363,592 subscribers a community for 9 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to r/guitar. A community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. Please take a moment to read the rules and check out the FAQ/Wiki before posting. Please remember we are a civil community. Failing to abide by this will result in a ban.
Rules for Posting to r/guitar - Posts that violate the rules will be removed without notice.
1) PROPERLY TAG YOUR POSTS! Failing to follow this guideline will result in a thread removal. Include a very descriptive and concise title along with one of the following (including the brackets) in your post: [GEAR], [QUESTION], [NEWBIE], [PLAY], [OC], [DISCUSSION], [NEWS]. Visit our Wiki to view the full breakdown of what each is for.
2) YOUR ACCOUNT MUST BE AT LEAST TWO DAYS OLD AND NOT HAVE NEGATIVE COMMENT KARMA in order to submit a post or comment. This is a measure to combat trolling, ban-dodging, and spam.
3) ANY POSTS THAT CONTAIN JUST A LINK WITH NO DESCRIPTION, WILL BE REMOVED AUTOMATICALLY. Please add an in-depth description along with your link. We like to promote discussion. Just a link does not help the cause.
4) SPAM AND SELF-ADVERTISING ARE NOT ALLOWED. NO ADVERTISING YOUR NEW SUB. NO LINKS TO SOCIAL MEDIA, BLOGS, OR OTHER PERSONAL SITES. This includes the comment area of youtube videos as well as anything that's embedded into the video itself. Your content will be removed!!! NO ADVERTISING EVEN BY PROXY Ask yourself if you're here to post a video of yourself playing guitar or to gain subscribers/fans. If it's the later, you are in the wrong place. We are not here to make you more popular. This means no linking to anything that is commerce related, your blog, web site, bandcamp, facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter, etc. You can link to your youtube channel, but do NOT have channel plugs/ads in your video, subscription requests, or links to any of the aforementioned, unless you are on our whitelist. If you would like to be considered for our whitelist, message the mods!
5) BE KIND AND CONSIDERATE! /r/Guitar is a melting pot of people from different backgrounds and skill levels. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you do not agree with something someone else said, please either have a polite discussion or do not comment at all. Remember that everyone is a beginner at some point. Any inflammatory, disrespectful, and/or hateful comments or usernames will result in a ban. We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding such comments/posts. Sub/mod bashing is not productive and will be met with a ban. Contact mods if you have a complaint. Please report any comments or posts violating these rules.
6) PLEASE DO NOT POST THE FOLLOWING: Memes, jokes/skits, rage comics, sub-related rant posts, spam, advertising of your goods or services, shill advertising, links to outside retailers (links in discussions are ok), gear for sale posts (head to /r/Gear4Sale). Comment manipulation (edits made to conceal behavior) is strictly prohibited. Market research is strictly prohibited.
7) NO BLANK POSTS: /r/Guitar is officially disallowing posts without content in the body. Your post MUST contain information! Please add a detailed description to posts and titles.