136,879 subscribers a community for 6 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
What acts as an ad, is an ad, no matter if it was put there sneakily or because someone has inured a brand so far into their life that they don't even know they are a walking ad.
We have strict "Don't be a jerk" rules that are enforced with immediate banning. The guidelines are more likely to result in a post removal or warning, but breaking them could result in a ban.
- No cursing
- No name calling
- No brigading
- No witchhunting
- No harassing other users
- No doxing, submit actual proof to reddit admins by messaging moderators or /r/reddit/com
- Don't use the brand name in title
- Replace [BRAND], [CELEBRITY], or [PRODUCT] (etc) with the offending terms used in the OP
- Up a non-participation link when directly linking (replace 'www' with 'np')
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- If you don't report a rule violation, we probably won't see it.
- If you make a post or comment that violates the rules Automod will remove it and no one will ever see it
- Please don't try to act all edgy and mention a bunch of brand names here, you'll likely be auto-mod'd then banned
- r/gaming, r/movies, r/ama, etc links are not encouraged as we all know that it is filled with advert type posts in their own specific subject. However when a different topic comes up it may qualify. E.g. posts about a soda brand in a television subreddit The reddit.com of today is different than the reddit.com of the past. Potential for censorship across the website has been realized.
Follow the money.