30,875 subscribers a community for 3 years, 10 monthslast post 11 days ago [+]
This subreddit aims to provide resources for achieving better hair quality through scientific research in trichology, physiology, chemistry, and biology.
We welcome anyone who is looking for haircare advice, as well as anyone experienced and knowledgeable in the matter who would like to help others. Just remember to follow the rules below.
- Source your facts - If you're making a statement of fact, please provide a source. Sources must be scientific research or articles that cite scientific sources. Unsourced comments are subject to removal.
(read more about this rule here)
- For serious conditions, we are not a replacement for a licensed doctor
- All information links must be to primary research, or to sites that cite their sources.
- Posts/comments that advertise a specific product without any scientific discussion are considered spam and will be removed. Repeat posters will be banned.
- Read the articles in the sidebar first - they may answer your question
- If not, post a thread. Be as descriptive as possible about your hair's texture, thickness, density, length, and condition (damaged, oily, dry, etc.).
- Include details about your routine, such as washing and styling method, sources of hair stress, products used, and any special restrictions.
- Providing a close-up, naturally-lit photo can help us deduce what advice you need.
Get Special Flair!
If you make several well-cited comments, we may approach you about getting special flair to distinguish you as a knowledgable hair person. Gives you extra credibility!
Are you a professional stylist? Send us a modmail with proof of your occupation and we can give you special stylist flair.
If your posting history indicates that you are a company or product representative, we will assign you associated flair. You will also be subject to slightly stronger moderation, in accordance with rule 4.