48,526 subscribers a community for 7 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
This subreddit is for content relevant to Healthy Food and Healthy Cooking.
HealthyFood Wiki / Features
See the subreddit rules wiki page for a complete list of subreddit rules. They include;
- Posts should be made to inform or facilitate discussion. Any posts with the intent to self-promote, sell products or services, or are appeals for money / funding will most likely be removed.
- No YouTube links allowed
- Do NOT post links to anything you are affiliated with to the front page of the subreddit. This includes your own works/article/blog/site/youtube channel/etc. Instead, use the weekly Self-Promotion Safe Zone post to inform our readers about the latest news on your site/works. See the subreddit rules for additional info and options.
- Topics which are not food or cooking related may be removed. Pills are not food.
- Posts and comments making specious claims may be removed, "cures cancer" for example.
Healthy Food Resources
- Recipe Nutrition Analyzer
- FDA Food Nutrition Information
- US DHHS Food Storage Times for Fridge and Freezer
- USDA Minimum Food Temperature Chart
- US DHHS List of USDA and FDA Food Recalls
- USDA Food Handling Fact Sheets
- USDA List of Food Hubs
- Health Canada Nutrition Data Chart
More on Reddit
see our wiki page listing food related subreddits for many more links
Our focus is on healthy food and healthy cooking. That covers a large number of topics but not everything.
|For this topic|you might want to use| |:--|:--| |Supplements|/r/Supplements| |Alternative health|/r/AlternativeHealth| |Exercise| /r/Exercise /r/LowImpact /r/Fitness or /r/Workout|
The people you interact with here may or may NOT be medical professionals or nutrition experts. Opinions from anonymous people on the internet should be treated with extreme care. YOUR DOCTOR is the best first step when seeking expertise regarding your health.