20,208 subscribers a community for 6 years, 4 monthslast post 4 days ago [+]
"Rule #1: Never lose money. Rule #2: Never forget rule #1." - Warren Buffett
Welcome to /r/InvestmentClub, a $1,000,000 crowdsourced, simulated, stock portfolio run by redditors.
Current Portfolio Here is the new Google sheet for the club's portfolio. We will be starting the portfolio with no initial positions. Feel free to contact a mod if you have any suggestions for the sheet or would like to help edit the spreadsheet.
READ THIS FIRST!!!
- Set your user flair to your level of experience.
- Posts by beginners asking for advice will be automatically removed and sent the "Beginners' Resources."
- To pitch a stock, please first contact the moderators. Your pitch must be vetted before allowing it to be posted.
- Voting for pitches are open for 5 days.
- Tag your post with link flair.
- Buying/shorting is only half of investing; include a reason for selling/covering.
- Grill the OP about their pitch.
- How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio (video)
- Khan Academy - stocks and bonds
- Lecture 1: Types of Assets and Misc Definitions
- My Research Process
- Investment Criteria
- Stock Recommendation Basics for Beginners
- When to sell a stock: 1, 2.
- /r/investing's favorite books
- Whitney Tilson: Lessons From A Dozen Years Of Short Selling
- /u/jartek explains options
- Value Investing Talks @ Google Lecture and Q&A: Mohnish Pabrai, Whitney Tilson, Pat Dorsey
- A Compendium Of Q&As With Warren Buffett
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Letters Since 1977
- 10 Years of Warren Buffett Book Recommendations
(The above in the form of a post).
DISCLAIMER: /r/InvestmentClub is for entertainment purposes only!