15,564 subscribers a community for 5 years, 2 monthslast post 4 days ago [+]
"Rule #1: Never lose money. Rule #2: Never forget rule #1." - Warren Buffett
Welcome to /r/InvestmentClub, a $1,000,000 crowdsourced, simulated, stock portfolio run by redditors' pitches, comments and votes.
Current Portfolio Here is the new Google sheet for the club's portfolio. We will be starting the portfolio with no initial positions. Feel free to contact a mod if you have any suggestions for the sheet or would like to help edit the spreadsheet.
READ THIS FIRST!!!
- Set your user flair to the stock symbol of your favorite company or your portfolio's performance.
- To pitch a stock, make a post detailing your reasons for buying, shorting, selling or covering.
- Tag your post with link flair.
- Buying/shorting is only half of investing; include a reason for selling/covering.
- Grill the OP about their pitch.
- Recommended stocks must have a market cap >$500m and a price/share >$5.
- Pitches are open to voting for 7 days.
- More rules from investopedia for the simulator.
- Khan Academy - stocks and bonds
- Lecture 1: Types of Assets and Misc Definitions
- My Research Process
- Investment Criteria
- Stock Recommendation Basics for Beginners
- When to sell a stock: 1, 2.
- /r/investing's favorite books
- Whitney Tilson: Lessons From A Dozen Years Of Short Selling
- /u/jartek explains options
- Value Investing Talks @ Google Lecture and Q&A: Mohnish Pabrai, Whitney Tilson, Pat Dorsey
- A Compendium Of Q&As With Warren Buffett
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Letters Since 1977
DISCLAIMER: /r/InvestmentClub is for entertainment purposes only!