361,224 subscribers a community for 6 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
Please read our Rules & Guidelines before you post, & please report anything that breaks our rules ~ Thanks!
FILTER POSTS BY LENGTH
Dealing with a creepy situation right now? Please refer to our Official Guide for help.
You are not required to end your story with "So, X, Let's Not Meet!" or a similar phrase.
Please don't apologize for length. This is a story-based subreddit, and we enjoy reading long stories.
What doesn't belong:
You passed somebody on the street, and they gave you a creepy look. We know, it was really, really scary, and you don't want to ever meet them again. But your post should probably go to /r/CreepyEncounters instead--LNM is set up to focus more on creepy encounters that are out of the ordinary.
This didn't happen to you, but it happened to your friend's sister. Actually, this is a rule, but it happens often enough that it bears repeating. We're very concerned with truthfulness here on LNM -- not in the way that /r/nosleep is, but the actual events that happened, which means that the story needs to come from the person who experienced the events. And that leads into this next one:
Please don't exaggerate. If you need to exaggerate or embellish, your story probably should go to /r/NoSleep instead of /r/LetsNotMeet. We aren't saying this to be mean, it's just the truth.
What does belong:
You were stalked. You legitimately had somebody following you around, and they weren't simply a drunk person who was lost. Or maybe you were followed over the course of a couple days, or months, or years.
You were kidnapped, or almost kidnapped. Or somebody close to you was kidnapped--not the girl you said hi to once a month when you bumped into her, but somebody you actually knew.
You found something really creepy (for example, you stumbled on something similar to this).
The actions of the antagonist were outright bizarre; not merely harassment by a run-of-the-mill creep, but actions a normal person in that situation would not have done.
Rules To Follow
1) Absolutely no fiction or paranormal stories. Real, in-person encounters with the living only.
- Fictional and/or paranormal stories can be posted to several of the subreddits on our related subreddits wiki page.
2) Promoting and recruiting for your YouTube channel is not allowed.
Posts and comments promoting YouTube channels will be removed.
If you want permission to narrate a submission, please PM users instead.
Additionally, do not include permission for YouTubers to narrate your story in your LNM submission.
3) If your story focuses primarily on a rape or other assault, rather than being stalked or creeped, your story will be removed.
This includes any form of sexual assault, pedophilia, or lewd behavior (such as a creeper exposing him or herself).
We recommend instead posting to /r/rape (which is for any kind of sexual assault) or /r/survivorsofabuse, as they are equipped to deal with these situations in ways that /r/letsnotmeet is not.
4) Series posts are not allowed, but you may provide updates to incidents that are on-going.
5) You are not allowed to link to stories that other people on the internet have written. The story must be your own personal encounter, or the encounter of a very close friend or family member.
- We’re far more interested in stories that happened to you; if you focus on something that happened to a friend or family member, it may be removed at the discretion of a mod.
6) Stories that focus on how you knew somebody who did horrible things, but not to you are not allowed and will be removed. Please consider posting to /r/serialkillers, or /r/MorbidReality instead.
7) Fictional names are required. However, do not tell the reader they are fictional, and do not use initials to refer to a person. Submissions that break this rule may be removed.
8) Do not submit a story as a wall of text; include paragraphs for easier reading (two enters between each paragraph).
9) Don’t be an asshole in the comments.
Commenting and saying that someone should’ve been stalked or had it coming is absolutely not allowed.
Questioning the truthfulness of a story is both allowed and encouraged, provided it is done politely.
- Absolutely no victim blaming and/or trolling. Engaging in this behavior will result in being banned. LNM's guidelines of victim blaming can be found in the Wiki.
10) This is a user-based community. If you believe a story is breaking the rules, report it to the mods so we can review it.
The mods will enforce these rules as they see fit.
Stories may be removed if we feel there is enough doubt about the circumstances, comments may be removed if they don't contribute, and bans (both temporary and permanent) are used to enforce rules.
-LNM Mod Team
Hall of Fame
We collected the top stories from our first four years into an eBook! It's available for free on all the major (and most of the minor) eBook retailers.
Find links to all of them here!
These are subreddits that we share mods with, or are otherwise connected to in some way.
Not sure if your story is creepy enough for LNM? Try posting on /r/CreepyEncounters instead!
Want to read something more cheerful? Check out /r/LetsMeet!
Click here to see a full list of subreddits similar to /r/letsnotmeet.