17,351 subscribers a community for 5 years, 9 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to \/r/LightNovels!
J-Novel Club AMA! | Posts asking for recommendations requires the [REC] tag.
This is a discussion based subreddit based around translated Light Novels, Novels, and Web Novels which originate from Japan.
Discussion is usually around the latest translated chapter for a series but feel free to start other kinds of discussions. Just make sure to follow submission guidelines and rules.
Do not hesitate to post anything you want to discuss about LNs!
IRC Chat (Yes, we're piggy backing off the /r/manga IRC.)
Upcoming Licensed Releases
- My Little Sister Can Read Kanji - Volume 2
- Naruto: Sasuke’s Story - Volume 3
- Vampire Hunter D - Volume 25
- Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension - Volume 2
- I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse - Volume 2
Accel World - Volume 9
Durarara!! - Volume 6
Log Horizon - Volume 7
Re:Zero - Volume 3
- In Another World With My Smartphone - Volume 1
Follow submission guidelines when applicable.
Meme submissions featuring no Light Novel content will be removed.
No referral links, they are spam.
Top level posts should be related to Light Novels in some way. (Japanese Works)
CITE YOUR SOURCES (Titles of series in post titles. Simple right?)!
Do not post and or ask for rips of official English releases.
Follow [Spoiler Policies] (http://goo.gl/4CtfWq)
All posts that are directly related to a series require the series' title in the title of the post.
Posts that don't fall under one of the easily defined tags do not require a tag.
If your post involves spoilers or asking for them place the [Spoilers] tag in the title.
Simple/general questions that don't suit any of the below tags only require a [Spoilers] tag where appropriate.
When submitting a new volume/chapter discussion post, it needs to be a text post and please use the following link syntax: [DISC] 'full name of the novel' Volume#/Chapter# - HQ text post template.
Do not include the title of the chapter in the title of the discussion post.
You need to spell "Volume", "Book", "Chapter" ect in full.
Any questions which have a singular answer are not discussions.
- Place the [REC] tag in the title for posts that are asking for novel recommendations.
- Place the [RT!] tag in the title if you are giving a recommendation for a series (RT! = Read This!). Please use the following link syntax: [RT!] name of Light Novel (list of genres) and be liberal with genres! Keep in mind that this is a recommendation from you to all of r/LightNovels, so tell us why we should read it in your post! - HQ text post template.
- Place the [TL] tag in the title for posts directly regarding or relating to Translation/Translating and or Fan Translation Sites/Groups/Members.
- Place the [News] tag in the title for posts regarding or relating to light novel news such as licenses and anime adaptation announcements.
- Place the [Meta] tag in the title for posts regarding or relating to the state of the subreddit.
How to use spoiler-tags:
[LN Title](/s "LN Spoiler")
Will show up as:
If you're part of a translation group and you want your flair, you can message the moderators.
The important things required when requesting a flair:
- Group Name
- Proof that you are who you say you are. (Usually a post somewhere on the group's website linking to or mentioning your reddit username or some other method of validation.)
The positions we have prepared are: