11,756 subscribers a community for 4 years, 9 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
Menhirs, dolmens, stone rows - these Stone Age monuments are shrouded in mystery and found in a wide variety of places around the globe.
Images of henges and petroglyphs are also permitted and encouraged.
As seen on The Huffington Post.
- Include the location in the title.
- Include the resolution in [brackets] in the title.
- Only submit static images.
- Videos, collections, interactive images/websites, and articles are not allowed.
- Do not submit a shortened link using a URL shortener like tinyurl.
- Make sure your image is hosted by an approved host.
- Original source is allowed and preferred over the approved hosts. If your submission is not on the list of approved hosts, but it is an original source, please use the tag [OS] so your submission is not removed in error. If your image is rehosted from another approved host it will be removed.
- If you took the photo yourself, you can signify this by using the tag [OC] (original content) and after 24 hours you will be given special flair. If you don't receive flair after a few days feel free to message the mods.
- Regarding reposts: it is not a repost unless it was posted to /r/MegalithPorn less than three months ago, or if it's already in the top100 of all time.
- If you have any questions check out the FAQ.
Other subreddits you may enjoy:
- /r/SpanishHistory <--new
- The Megalithic Portal
- Stone Pages
- Megalithic Ireland
- The Modern Antiquarian
- Voices from the Dawn
- Stone Circles
The MegalithPorn soundtrack:
- Traffic - Roll Right Stones
- Steely Dan - The Caves of Altamira
- Gorgoroth - (Under) The Pagan Megalith
- Disma - Towards the Megalith
If you know of a song about megaliths or petroglyphs message the mods and we'll add it to the list.