40,960 subscribers a community for 5 years, 2 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
- High res images are preferable. (Text posts are okay too)
- Include the mineral's name in titles.
- Images should be rehosted on imgur or something similar.
- If the mineral has been cut, polished, dyed or treated somehow, and it's not obvious, indicate that in the title.
- Don't be mean. If you think we need to be more specific here, this is probably directed at you.
- Reposting a mineral that has already been featured here is okay, so long as you don't use an identical image.
- Posting minerals from your personal collection is allowed and encouraged!
Mineral Collecting (buying) Guide (for beginners)
Mineral Show Dates & Locations (USA, Canada, Australia):
LINK-Sortable by state/area (Write down the address and information about the show before the day it starts because they will take down the information for shows the day it starts. This list does not show every mineral show, but it's a good list.)
- Shopping for Rings - Corundum by Dromaeosauridae
- Pseudomorphs - Azurite and Malachite by Kizmau
- TORBERNITE. by Dromaeosauridae
- Galena by Dromaeosauridae
- Realgar by Dromaeosauridae
- Fluorite by Dromaeosauridae
- Quartz by Dromaeosauridae
- Vanadinite by Dromaeosauridae
- Garnet by Dromaeosauridae
- Pyrite by Dromaeosauridae
- Opal by Dromaeosauridae
- Chalcanthite by Dromaeosauridae
- Tourmaline by Dromaeosauridae
- Bismuth by Dromaeosauridae
Fake Mineral Educational Albums
- Quirky Quartz Fakes by ISUanthony and Dromaeosauridae
- Unnaturally Occurring Nastiness by ISUanthony and Dromaeosauridae
- Treated or Impostor Truthlessness by ISUanthony and Dromaeosauridae
- Totally Fake Fakes by ISUanthony and Dromaeosauridae
- Fake Labradorite Identification by ISUanthony