128,228 subscribers a community for 4 yearslast post 7 days ago [+]
- monero.how – information hub
- xmr.to – pay with XMR where BTC is accepted
- localmonero.co – P2P Monero exchange
- xmrchain.net – block explorer
- moneroworld.com – list of remote nodes
- monero-observer.com – weekly newsletter
Desktop Wallets (Official)
Monero is secure.
Monero can't be hacked to steal your funds, due to the power of distributed consensus. This means that you are responsible for your own money, and don't have to trust any entity to keep it safe for you.
Monero is private.
The power of the blockchain usually increases security at the cost of privacy, but with Monero's sophisticated privacy-centric technology, you get all of the security benefits of the blockchain without any of the privacy trade-offs.
Monero is untraceable.
By taking advantage of ring signatures, Monero makes it ambiguous which funds have been spent, and thus extremely unlikely that a transaction could be linked to any particular user.
Monero is fungible.
Because of its on-by-default privacy technologies, Monero is fungible, which means that one Monero will always be equal to another. This ensures that there will be no discrimination over the origin or history of your coins, lessening the worry of potential blacklisting by exchanges or vendors.
- Breaking the guidelines may result in a deleted post and possible ban.
- Discussion of using Monero to break the law is disallowed.
- Follow redditquette and the rules of reddit.
- Only Monero-related topics/links.
- No memes/image macros.
- Downvotes are for bad information or rudeness, not casual disagreement.
- When mentioning other currencies, keep the discussion civil. No zealotry.
- No posts on how many coins you own/lost.
- Please direct support questions to r/monerosupport.
- For price/valuation talk, please use /r/xmrtrader.