2,794 subscribers a community for 5 years, 9 monthslast post 44 days ago [+]
News and discussion of interest to students, faculty, employees, and neighbors of Northeastern University in Boston, MA.
- Discuss ideas for improvements to the university. (SGA official page.)
- Tips for new students: 2013, 2011, 2010
- Some FAQs and other info that won't fit in the sidebar, such as how to get flair.
Prospective students: Please don't ask us if you think your stats are good enough for you to be accepted -- talk to Admissions.
- Meet people!
- "cheat codes" for student life
- accepted applicant questions
- book exchange
- tickets: buy/sell commencement tickets, etc.
^(These threads will eventually expire; when they do, feel free to create a new one and ask a mod to update the sidebar link!)
- The ##NEU channel (yes, two "#") on the freenode IRC network. (You can also use the webchat interface.) Or try out the alternative chat room!
- LJ community - pretty much dormant, but it's there.
- /r/Boston, the city
- /r/Massachusetts, the state of Massachusetts
- /r/CCIS, the College of Computer and Information Science
- /r/University, for those in secondary education
- /r/HigherEd, of interest to academic types
2,341 subscribers a community for 5 years, 8 monthslast post 54 days ago [+]
Everything UCI Related
Join the UCI Redditors Facebook group! Get invited to events and network/make friends. :D
Useful Links (in progress)
- Why are my links not on the "new" page? The spam filter caught you, click the "message the moderators" link to have it unspammed.
- New to reddit? Read this comic!
- Please familiarize yourself with reddiquette.
498 subscribers a community for 6 years, 6 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
A reddit for people attending or part of any post-secondary education system. Everything from academia tips to university news.
2,476 subscribers a community for 5 years, 1 monthlast post 9 days ago [+]
"What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child." –George Bernard Shaw
It is very satisfying for parents to see their children in pursuit of knowledge. It is natural and healthy for the children, and in the first few years of life, the pursuit goes on during every waking hour. But after a few short years, most kids go to school. The schools also want to see children in pursuit of knowledge, but the schools want them to pursue mainly the school's knowledge and devote twelve years of life to doing so.
One alternative approach is "unschooling"..