4,681 subscribers a community for 8 years, 2 monthslast post 44 days ago [+]
News and discussion of interest to students, faculty, employees, and neighbors of Northeastern University in Boston, MA.
- Discuss ideas for improvements to the university. (SGA official page.)
- Tips for new students: 2013, 2011, 2010
- Some FAQs and other info that won't fit in the sidebar, such as how to get flair.
- Do not post rental listings here please - there are plenty of places on the internet for that.
- Do not post if you are a third party unaffiliated with Northeastern and you are looking to advertise here.
- Prospective students: Welcome! Don't ask us whether your stats are good enough to get in - talk to admissions.
- Commencement Tickets 2016: buy/sell
- Meet people!
- "cheat codes" for student life
- accepted applicant questions
- book exchange
^(These threads will eventually expire; when they do, feel free to create a new one and ask a mod to update the sidebar link!)
4,751 subscribers a community for 8 years, 1 monthlast post 54 days ago [+]
Use the search bar before posting!
Everything UC Irvine related.
No inflammatory language or harassment of other commenters. Treat people with respect and argue in good faith.
No bigotry, sexism, racism, homophobia, etc.
Political posts are highly moderated; this is not a place for soapboxing.
Naming TAs, students, and staff in your post will result in a ban. (Exception: respectfully discussing classes or professor evaluations for informational purposes).
Posts asking for assistance with illegal activities or violating academic policy will result in post removal and a possible ban.
Be chill, seriously.
Join our Discord!
New to reddit? Read this comic!
Please familiarize yourself with reddiquette.
Some fun Anteater facts (Don't worry, there won't be a quiz)
- On Campus Food
- Student ID Discounts
- Events Calendar
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Housing
- Map of Parking Lots
- Permit Purchasing
- Student Life Resources
- Campus Organisations/clubs
- Registering for classes: Tutorial
- FAQ's: Coming soon to a UCI near you!
- Graduate (GSHIP): 877-351-3457
- Undergraduate (USHIP): 800-977-0027
- Emergency number: 911
- UCI Police Number: 949-824-5222
- Student Health Center:949-824-5304
UCI Related Apps:
- ZOTFinder – Directory of buildings, staff, and faculty.
- Anteater Express Mobile – Map of routes, and live bus tracking.
Join the UCI Redditors Facebook group! Get invited to events and network/make friends. :D
At UCI: UCI Esports
Our Glorious Leader:
Fun Fact: UCI is the largest UC of it's size!
Material unrelated to UC Irvine or damaging to community health may be removed at the discretion of the mods.
Have a concern? Message the Mods! (Remember: the mods are students too, so allow at least 48 hours for a response).
972 subscribers a community for 8 years, 11 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
A reddit for people attending or part of any post-secondary education system. Everything from academia tips to university news.
3,284 subscribers a community for 7 years, 6 monthslast post 9 days ago [+]
"What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child." –George Bernard Shaw
It is very satisfying for parents to see their children in pursuit of knowledge. It is natural and healthy for the children, and in the first few years of life, the pursuit goes on during every waking hour. But after a few short years, most kids go to school. The schools also want to see children in pursuit of knowledge, but the schools want them to pursue mainly the school's knowledge and devote twelve years of life to doing so.
One alternative approach is "unschooling"..