221,739 subscribers a community for 10 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
Outdoor recreation: keeping humans fit, fed and happy for thousands of years. The sun on your face, the wind in your hair... all this and more could be yours to experience — if you ever get off reddit and go outside for once!
This subreddit is for all outdoor experiences: we are not limited to any specific interest. Caving, mountain climbing, cycling, bushcraft, gardening, going for a stroll — it's all on topic here!
Feel free to ask questions or ask for advice, show off your snaps, post beautiful scenery, ask for career information, recommend gear or suggest locations — whatever you'd like. Anything and everything Outdoorsy is allowed (as long as it doesn't break our rules)!
Be excellent to each other!
Tag any NSFW content.
Report anything that breaks the rules, especially spam.
Do not spam. See below.
English-language content only.
Get off reddit and go outdoors immediately!
What do you consider spam?
Links to a blog, website, or service you run, or are involved in running, are considered self-promotional; you may only post such content if you have made a variety of unrelated contributions (i.e. submissions and comments) to /r/Outdoors over an extended period.
If the majority of your contributions to /r/Outdoors are your own content, you may be banned with or without warning.
PM the mods (or /u/TTEH3) if you are uncertain whether your post will be considered spammy. Exceptions can be made for certain content.
- /r/Camping (and /r/CampingGear)
Below are random, off-reddit links!
- Ordnance Survey
- Print free USGS topo trail maps from Nat Geo.
- Official UK National Trail site, with lists of trails.
- Tsohost discount and promo codes (Outdoors hosting)
- Barriers to the Outdoors (PDF), insight into the challenges young adults face getting outdoors
- Make the web a better place!
- 32 Ways to Make Someone Happy Today
- 24 Quick Ways to Make Someone Happy Today