415,338 subscribers a community for 10 years, 5 monthslast post 3 days ago [+]
Make this subreddit a better place! Vote and participate in the new section and report rule violations.
/r/Parenting is a subreddit for anything related to the controlled chaos we call parenting.
Do you have a question for parents? Head over to /r/AskParents.
Did your kid say something awesome? Join us at /r/thingsmykidsaid.
Are you a caregiver or nanny? Check out /r/nanny.
We also recommend /r/relationships, /r/legaladvice and /r/family.
- Be Decent and Civil
- It’s fine to disagree with people but please remain respectful. Don’t insult people or their children, call people names or bring rudeness into it. Absolutely no bullying or personal attacks including going through someone’s post history to find past comments to use against them.
- Use The Reddiquette
- Basics include upvoting comments that add to discussions and downvoting off topic comments. Please don’t downvote people just because you disagree, diverse opinions are what makes our subreddit great. If someone is breaking one of our rules report the comment, so our moderators can remove it.
- Don’t Create Inside Drama
- Remember you are speaking to another person. If you are having issues with another user, message the moderators to help you deal with it and do not fight in the comments. Moderaters have discretion to remove comments as needed. Typically this action will come when one or more comment threads have moved off topic and/or have become contentious, rather than respectful sharing of information and opinions. If you are having issues with the sub and want to make a meta post, please message us first.
- Don't Create Outside Drama
- Please don’t pull issues with other subs into our community. No good comes of cross-sub wars and we don’t need those kinds of issues in our sub. Crossposting anything from /r/parenting to any other subreddit might result in a ban and may result in the original thread being locked.
- Take Advice With A Grain Of Salt
- Reddit is not the best place to get legal or medical advice. Your post may be removed or redirected. Requests for specific medical advice or diagnosis are not permitted in the subreddit because even medical professionals will not diagnose without examining the actual symptoms of a person actually present in front of them. Please refer all such questions to your pediatrician. If you believe your child may require hospitalization, please dial 9-1-1, your local emergency services, or call your pediatrician's emergency number.
- Only Parents or Guardians May Post
- It’s okay for everyone to comment provided it’s on topic and contributing to the discussion. Make sure you indicate that you're a parent (or expecting) or guardian to avoid confusion if it's not obvious! If you aren't a parent/guardian, or are a parent who would like to answer questions for non-parents, please visit /r/askparents. We also have a weekly Ask Parents Anything thread for your convenience.
- We Discourage Linking Within Posts
- Unless it helps you illustrate a broader point or be very specific in seeking advice, we only allow link posts sparingly from active members if they promote discussion. You must be a participating member in our community outside your own submissions and have submitted comments outside of your own posts before you're allowed to link. When linking please provide a description of the discussion you'd like to have about the link you're sharing. Please do not link to your blog, other active Reddit threads, or Facebook.
- We Do Not Allow
- Spam, self-promotion, fundraising, media marketing, surveys, petitions, donation requests, affiliate links, media requests, or any post seeking to use our community for profit, research, SEO/digital marketing, copypasta, low-effort content, etc. We do not allow missing person reports as we can’t verify if the person is really missing. Please report all such posts. If you are interested in advertising on reddit, please consider taking out an ad.
Check Out Our:
Sister subreddit /r/kidsafevideos for youtube videos that are child appropriate! Stream posts on reddit.tv.