28,295 subscribers a community for 5 years, 12 monthslast post 4 days ago [+]
Welcome to the Whole Food Plant Based Diet (WFPBD) subreddit!
Before making any dietary or exercise changes in your lifestyle, please consult your physician.
These are NOT included in a plant-strong diet:
- anything with a mother or a face (no meat, poultry, eggs or fish)
- dairy products (no milk, cheese, yogurt, that's right I said cheese)
- added/refined oils
- juices with the fiber/pulp removed
You can eat a wonderful variety of delicious, nutrient-dense foods
- all vegetables (leafy green vegetables, root vegetables),
- veggies that are red, green, purple, orange, and yellow etc.)
- all legumes (beans, peas, and lentils of all varieties)
- all whole grains and wg-products, such as bread and pasta w/ no added fats
- all fruits
- seeds and nuts (in small quantities)
Don't be deficient:
Professional triathlete, Rip Esselstyn has adopted a whole food plant-based diet, the Engine 2 Diet, at the advice of his father, Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, chief of surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, who discovered through medical research that a whole-food plant-based, low-fat diet could reverse heart disease and diabetes.
Finding Plant-Based Physicians
[Physician list from Happy Herbivore site] (http://happyherbivore.com/2014/09/plant-based-vegan-doctors-list/)
Cookbook & Website Resource Links:
Vegan Eating Out List of vegan menu items at a (growing) list of restaurants & bakeries.
Movies / Videos
Civil discussion is welcome, trolls and personal abuse are not.
Friendly and related reddits:
VeganExchange - Vegan food exchange
Veg*n Problems - Even complaints have their place
Vegan - Vegan Subreddit
Veg - Vegetarian & Vegan News
Vegetarianism - Vegetarian & Vegan Stuff
Actual Hippies - Actual Hippies (fun, quasi-related sub)