367,262 subscribers a community for 7 years, 3 monthslast post today [+]
If you have a political prompt for discussion, ask it here!
Questions or comments regarding subreddit rules or moderation? Please let us know via modmail!
Keep this subreddit HIGH QUALITY by observing Reddiquette and our comment rules:
- Keep it civil. Do not personally insult other Redditors, or post racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise discriminatory content. Constructive debate is good; mockery, taunting, and name calling are not.
- Do not submit low investment content. This subreddit is for genuine discussion. Low effort content, including memes, links substituting for explanation, sarcasm, and non-substantive contributions will be removed per moderator discretion.
- No meta discussion. This is not a subreddit for discussing what's going on on reddit; conversation should be focused on the topic at hand. Meta content includes talking about reddit, other subreddits, redditors, and moderators. All meta content will be removed.
- Warnings. The rules are intended to maintain the high quality of the subreddit, and garden-variety violations will be met with a reminder from the moderators. If you would like to have your comment reinstated, please edit the offending material and let the moderators know via modmail. Users who demonstrate an inability to consistently follow our rules will however be banned at moderator discretion. Please also note that severe violations of the civility rule may result in an immediate permanent ban.
New submissions will not appear until approved by a moderator. We ask for your patience while we work through the queue.
Submissions should be inviting and pertain to the topic you want to discuss. This is best done in the form of a question or questions. Please observe the following rules:
- Do not use all caps.
- Do not use tags (e.g.
- Do not use derogatory, demeaning, or otherwise inflammatory titles.
- Do not ask loaded or rhetorical questions.
- Do not submit content that does not discuss politics (such as meta posts, discussion of other subreddits, other redditors or moderators).
- Do not create DAE, ELI5, CMV, or TIL type submissions.
- Do not create submissions to soapbox your political agenda. /r/PoliticalDiscussion is here to discuss and ask about current politics. It is not for here for you to soapbox or campaign. Please post your opinion pieces to our sister subreddit, /r/PoliticalOpinions.
- Do not post links to news or blogs. You can post sources to provide background or supporting information, but you must provide a summary of the source. Do not circumvent text only submissions by simply posting a link in the text box or copying material from an outside source.
- Fight your own battles. Please do not ask for material to back up your position on an outside argument, for help with homework or independent research, or for other users to educate you on a topic.
- Questions/prompts that boil down to "Thoughts?" or "Discuss" are low effort and will be removed.
If your submission doesn't ask a question or invite discussion, it probably does not belong here. For more details on posting see our wiki.
Please use your power to upvote quality content, and downvote content that detracts from the quality of this subreddit. Please report content that breaks the rules.
Choose a topic to search.
- US Elections
- Non-US Politics
- US Politics
- International Politics
- Political History
- Political Theory
Similar Subs you might or might not enjoy:
For specific debates