46,655 subscribers a community for 7 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
Welcome to /r/rabbits, an open community where users can learn, share cute pictures, or ask questions about rabbits! Please note that we are a house rabbit subreddit.
Location | Date | Event ---|---|---- Clinton, NJ | Sep 24, 2017 | Bun-nanza San Diego, CA | Sep 24, 2017 | San Diego Bunnyfest Columbus, OH | Oct 14, 2017 | Midwest Bunfest Philadelphia, PA | Apr 21, 2018 | Northeast Bunfest
Hover over the rules for more details.
- If your rabbit has shown any serious medical concerns, please contact a rabbit-savvy vet first for an appointment before posting. If your rabbit has not eaten or used the litter box in the past 12 hours, make an appointment immediately.
- See Veterinary Emergencies for other common symptoms of problems in rabbits.
- See here for resources if you are in need of financial assistance for your pet.
- We can only give suggestions that are not a replacement for professional advice.
- If you have found a wild rabbit, please see here for proper next steps and resources.
- For behavior problems, please include the rabbit's age, how long you have had the rabbit, when the behavior occurred, and if/when it was neutered. This will help other rabbitors tailor advice appropriate to your situation.
- Rehoming posts are welcome, but please read through our guide first.
- No solicitation of votes. e.g. /r/aww didn't like my bunny
- Don't claim other user's pictures as your own. Clearly indicate if a post is a subreddit cross-post. Spam & karma-seeking accounts not welcome and will be banned. Please report any reposts.
- No discussions about rabbit dispatch, processing, or consumption. Troll accounts will be banned.
- No excessive linking of commercial sites, blogs, or video channels with a self-promotional profitable nature. Please participate in the community, and contact the moderators before posting.
- Posts about breeding, bathing, or trancing rabbits are discouraged.
- Most rabbitors often feel strongly about spaying & neutering rabbits as it can be important to their health. Bathing and trancing can cause unnecessary stress to rabbits and are not recommended unless medically necessary.
- Report any excessive reposts or posts that violate subreddit rules.
- Be polite and give constructive criticism if you see or read anything concerning. Be considerate and refrain from name-calling.
FAQs from WabbitWiki:
New to the #bunlife
- Help, I found a rabbit!
- Should I get a rabbit?
- How much does a pet rabbit cost?
- How do I adopt a rabbit?
- Are you a new rabbit owner?
- Where should my rabbit live?
- What should my rabbit eat?
- How do I groom my rabbit?
- Why should I neuter my rabbit?
- How do I find a rabbit-savvy vet?
- Why doesn't my rabbit like me?
- Why is my rabbit biting me?
- How do I bond and make my rabbits friends?
- Can I train my rabbit like a dog?
- How do I litter-train my rabbit?
- What is my rabbit saying?
- What are good rabbit toys and games?