87,246 subscribers a community for 8 years, 8 monthslast post today [+]
/r/socialengineering is a subreddit dedicated to the art & science of human manipulation & social hacking, as well as public relations at an individual level.
We appreciate any content on social interaction, however occasionally some content requires a basic explanation, as such any links that are posted should be accompanied by a comment with a bit of written context explaining why you think it belongs here.
- 1: Be respectful of each other.
- 2: No malicious attempts at social engineering other members of the community.
- 3: No nay saying, if you don't like something down vote and move on, unless you have some constructive input.
- 4: Don't abuse the report system just because you disagree with something.
- 5: No poaching/recruiting users for off site forums that use a VIP pay wall donation system.
- 6: No x-posting content to Social justice warrior/white knight subs like SRS to encourage internal down vote brigading.
- 7: All Staff should be neutral and unbiased, If they personally have an issue with a member of the community it should be taken up with a neutral 3rd party preferably a another moderator where possible.
- 8: Community moderation is a position of responsibility not power, all moderators will be held accountable for their actions.
- 9: The point of this sub is learning and while we discuss ethically questionable actions, it is for discussion and learnings sake. Though people are wholly responsible for their own actions, we ask for the sake of staff stress that any legally questionable actions be discussed in the hypothetical.
- 0: Do NOT post personally-identifiable information at all, including addresses, phone numbers, or credentials such as badges or IDs.
- IRC CHAT:
- freenode: ##SocialEngineering
we are always looking for new sister subs, pm the mods if you want to be added to the list
/r/psychology - General Psychology
/r/cogsci - Cognitive Science
/r/netsec - Network Security
/r/hackers - Hackers
/r/ActLikeYouBelong/ - For Redditors who always end up where they don't belong
/r/PsychologicalTricks - Psychological Tricks That work.
/r/propaganda - Propaganda content
/r/theoryofpropaganda - Propaganda content & discussion
/r/fakeid - False Identification
/r/scamslayers - A community who that are dedicated to combating scamming.
/r/Gamesandtheory - Practical and Theoretical Social engineering
/r/InfluencePsychology - This is an entire community dedicated to learning how to win others over in your favour.