75,521 subscribers a community for 6 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
This is a database for non-fiction encounters with the unknown from a personal source.
We welcome all encounters, from the mundane to nightmare-inducing. We aim to be a open, comfortable place for you to share your experiences with no judgement.
We're here for storytelling but maybe we can help uncover the truth behind your encounter. We welcome everyone here regardless of your background or skepticism. Good discussions require all perspectives and it helps with cognitive dissonance.
All we ask is for you to keep an open mind and respect our various backgrounds. Turn off the lights, grab a blanket, and enjoy.
X-posts from /r/paranormal and others are invited. We are not a rival; we're an archive. Think /r/nosleep without the fiction.
All posts MUST be tagged with link flair AND brackets.
Your post must be of a personal experience or by someone you trust that you believe to be true. Send redditors this way if you see anything relevant.
NO CREEPYPASTA, FICTION, CREATIVE WRITING, DREAM POSTS, or SCARY PICTURES.
Please only downvote anything you believe breaks our main rule: NO FICTION!
If you can draw a rough sketch of the entity, diagram of location, or provide any visual references or proof, DO IT or request an artist to help.
We encourage all perspectives, but we do not tolerate assholes. Report comments that ruin the "safe space" vibe.
New users click HERE for some extra guidelines and etiquette.
Twitter feed by /u/Spermaceti
- Filter Posts By Subject
- All Discussions
- Shadow People
- Black-Eyed Kids
- Legend and Folklore
- Threads with Evidence
- Ghosts and the Paranormal
- Aliens, Abductions, and UFOs
- Unexplained Sounds
- Premonitions and Psi
- Related Subs
- r/skinwalkers x-post your skinwalker tales here
- r/letsnotmeet nonfiction no paranormal
- /r/scaredshitlessgrabbag of spooks
- /r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix earthly glitches
- /r/unresolvedmysteries nonfiction mysteries
- /r/paraacounts Let's help this tiny sub grow! It's mostly for pictures and evidence. Will be interesting with more content.
- Other Info
- If you don't like our custom CSS, click on "preferences" beside the little envelope at the top of the screen. When the preferences page opens, scroll down to "display options" and UNCHECK the box beside "allow reddits to show me custom styles".