95,070 subscribers a community for 4 years, 7 monthslast post today [+]
Rules and Guidelines
- This is a place where all who want to get something off their chest, can get something off their chest. The Mods at /r/TrueOffMyChest will never enforce any rules that exclude any race/gender/etc. or other views from posting in /r/TrueOffMyChest. We ask that you do the same.
- If you are complaining about something on reddit, put [off my meta] in the title.
- NEVER give out personal information, It can and will get you banned from /r/TrueOffMyChest and most likely the rest of reddit (depending on the information).
- Scolding/insults toward OP is not allowed.
- Depending on the submission, mature debate/discussion may be allowed in the thread. Mods will decide if debate/discussion is allowed per thread.
- Stating something or making assumptions without a good and explained reason may be removed (comments only).
- No Memes.
- Circlejerking (so brave, literally hitler) will be removed.
- No blanket statements.
- No Witch Hunts. Ever.
- No being over-aggressive for no reason.
- Off-topic comments may be removed without notification
- Politics are okay, but please express them in a "off my chest" fashion.
- Don't write fake stories to simple appease a particular view or rational.
- Please engage in the community in good faith. Do not try to "test the limits" of the moderation team or our rules.
- No linking to users that have not commented on the same thread you are commenting on.
We also heavily encourage our users to follow the reddiquette
This subreddit is not considered a safe space for any particular group. If you are in need of one, the original /r/offmychest maintains one (Mostly for common safe spaces such as LGBT, Domestic Abuse, Sexual Abuse). All posts, besides blatant trolls, are allowed and we will not take them down.
- Intrusive thoughts
- Suicide Watch
- Stop Self-Harm
- Unsent Music
- Unsent Letters
- Bipolar Reddit
- Eating Disorders
- Anger Management
- Rape Counseling
- Anonymous letters
Be respectful. This is a place for those that need support.
If you need a pick me up also look at these subreddits:
Other True Reddits
This sub was made to fulfill the original purpose of /r/offmychest. We want to make a place where anybody can get things off their chest without any sort of limitations. The moderators of this subreddit will set aside their opinions while moderating.
If you find a post that you disagree with, and that post has been granted rule 5, you are free to write a rebuttal, the mods will try their hardest to prevent the downvote button become a disagree button.
Almost all posts are granted rule 5 by default, so as long the OP doesn't seem in danger of himself/herself or others, it was most likely granted rule 5.