10,748 subscribers a community for 5 years, 10 monthslast post 5 days ago [+]
Posting a BFP? Our weekly BFP post is stickied on the main page of /r/TryingForABaby!
This group is for anyone trying to get pregnant and to ask/give advice on getting pregnant. Be supportive!
If you see something spammy or derogatory posted please report it & message the mods! Thanks!
When discussing fertility there is NO SUCH THING AS TMI!
This subreddit contains scores of posts with detailed descriptions about completely natural bodily processes (of both sexes) on the topic of getting pregnant.
Our Sub Links
Links to our info posts! Everything from meds, doc visits, etc.
We have a chat! Click here to log in!
(Acronyms are not mandatory, but are useful to know, and do help to shorten your own posts / replies)
- AF: Aunt Flow (your period)
- BBT: Basal body temperature
- BD: baby dance - aka SEX (No need to be PG here)
- BFP/BFN: Big Fat Positive / Big Fat Negative
- CD: Cycle day
- CM : Cervical Mucus
- CP: Chemical pregnancy
- DD: Darling daughter
- DH: Dear Husband
- DPO: Cycle date post ovulation
- DS: Darling son
- ENDO: Endometriosis
- EWCM : eggwhite CM (good fertile stuff)
- FMU: First morning urine
- FP: Follicular phase
- FRER: First response early result pregnancy test
- HSG: Hysterosalpingogram
- IUI: Intrauterine insemination
- IVF: In vitro fertilization
- LO: Little one
- LP: Luteal phase
- LPD: Luteal Phase Defect
- MC: Miscarriage
- MFI: Male Factor Infertility
- NTNP: Not Trying, Not Preventing
- O: Ovulating / ovulation
- OPK : Ovulation Predictor Kit
- POAS: Pee on a stick
- PCOS: Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- RE: Reproductive endocrinologist
- SA: Semen analysis
- SMEP: Sperm Meets Egg Plan
- SO: Significant other
- TTC: Trying to Conceive
- 2WW or TWW: * 2 week wait (post ovulation)
- WTO: Waiting To Ovulate