12,473 subscribers a community for 6 years, 2 monthslast post 5 days ago [+]
Posting a positive test (BFP)? Our weekly BFP post is stickied on the main page of /r/TryingForABaby! No BFP posts or comments are permitted outside the weekly post.
This group is for anyone trying to get pregnant and to ask/give advice on getting pregnant. Be supportive!
If you see something spammy or derogatory posted, please use the report button to alert the mods.
When discussing fertility there is NO SUCH THING AS TMI!
This subreddit contains scores of posts with detailed descriptions about completely natural bodily processes (of all people) on the topic of getting pregnant.
Our Sub Links
Links to our info posts! Everything from meds, doc visits, etc.
We have a chat! Click here to log in!
(Acronyms are not mandatory, but are useful to know, and do help to shorten your own posts / replies)
- AF: Aunt Flow (your period)
- BBT: basal body temperature
- BD: baby dance/sex
- BFP/BFN: big fat positive / big fat negative
- CD: cycle day
- CM: cervical mucus
- CP: chemical pregnancy (an early miscarriage)
- DPO: (cycle) day post ovulation
- EWCM : eggwhite CM (the fertile stuff!)
- FMU: first morning urine
- FP: follicular phase
- FRER: First Response Early Result pregnancy test
- HPT: Home pregnancy test
- HCG: human chorionic gonadotropin (what's measured on an HPT)
- LH: luteinizing hormone (what's measured by an OPK)
- LP: luteal phase
- MC: miscarriage
- NTNP: not trying, not preventing
- O: ovulation
- OPK : ovulation predictor kit
- POAS: pee on a stick
- PCOS: Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- RE: Reproductive endocrinologist
- SA: semen analysis
- SMEP: Sperm Meets Egg Plan
- TTC: trying to conceive
- TWW: two-week wait (post-ovulation)
- WTO: waiting to ovulate