15,455 subscribers a community for 9 years, 6 monthslast post 49 days ago [+]
Welcome to /r/Acne
Looking for a place to start? You should read [TLDR Redditor's Guide to Acne] (https://www.reddit.com/r/acne/comments/5osodm/tldr_redditors_guide_to_acne/) and [The Redditor's Guide to Acne] (http://www.reddit.com/r/acne/comments/1bs7nv/the_redditors_guide_to_acne_2013/)
If your skin does not improve with over the counter treatments and lifestyle/dietary changes, please go see a dermatologist.
Any discussions about acne are welcomed here :) Be nice to each other and try to follow the reddiquette.
If you're seeking advice or if you are posting a progress pic, please include past and current products/meds.
r/acne supports evidence based approach to acne treatment. Please do not post misinformation. Many of these acne myths, "natural remedies" or misinformation can be harmful as well. This includes linking masturbation and acne, using cold water to "close" pores, drinking more water to get rid of acne, putting baking soda or lemon juice on pimples, etc.
Safety first. Do not ask or give advice on how to obtain a Rx product without a prescription.
No spam. No links. This includes affiliate links, blog posts, subreddits, advertisements, videos, products, surveys, etc.
Thank you /u/algb12 for the custom snoo!!
9,434 subscribers a community for 8 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
About Alternative Health
PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HERE, AVOID:
- Marketing and/or advertising
- Linking to your website which sells supplements
These rules are in-line with the Reddit anti-spam policy
If you want to learn about alternative medicine, how alternative treatments can help you to heal some diseases and how to live healthy life, you've arrived. We welcome views, news, and articles about alternative health care for non-profit reasons.
How to submit
Feel free to ask any question or to share your experience with alternative medicine.
You can submit links with articles and news related to Alternative Medicine, links with useful information on how some diseases can be treated with alternative medicine / healthy diets etc.
Mods reserve the right to remove content or restrict users' posting privileges as necessary if it is deemed detrimental to the subreddit or to the experience of others. All users are expected to be respectful to other users at all times. Personal attacks or comments that insult or demean a specific user or group of users will be removed and regular or egregious violations will result in bans.
Independent free scientific reports on supplements: https://examine.com
215 subscribers a community for 8 yearslast post 42 days ago [+]
Non-Western medicine and health care news, stories, controversies, and questions.
See the ground rules before posting!
This is a positive environment for discussion of alternative health care, not a place to bash Western medicine.
Message the mods if you are unsure whether a link is appropriate.
13,452 subscribers a community for 8 years, 3 monthslast post 1 day ago [+]
Barefoot & minimalist running: the strong feet collective.
Barefoot and minimalist submissions are welcome here at BarefootRunning.
For a subreddit for only unshod/completely barefoot running, see /r/barefoot.
Possible benefits of barefoot/minimalist running include more ground feel, stronger feet, pain/injury free running.
- Recommended videos
- The Truth about Barefoot Training
- Video: The Principles of Natural Running
- Running fast and injury free by Gordon Pirie
- Footgear is the greatest enemy of the human foot. -A Case for Bare Feet
- "a runner can avoid experiencing the large impact force by forefoot striking properly." Foot strike biomechanics
- "The modern running shoe and footwear generally reduce sensory feedback, apparently without diminishing injury-inducing impact" Barefoot Running
- Barefoot running is an evolutionarily sound, biomechanically sound, and statistically plausible way of improving running and reducing injury. Condensed Science
Start slowly, your body needs time to adapt to a radically different way of movement. Too much too soon will result in injury, possibly stress fractures or worse. Pretend you are learning how to run for the first time. Listen to your body, if you have pain while running, stop immediately. Going barefoot may change your shoe size (usually smaller & wider), so some recommend unshod before buying minimalist shoes. Run less than half a mile for your first time, and build up gradually, with rest days. You will be sore in new areas due to barefoot/minimalist running, but if you feel pain or soreness that does not go away after a few days, do not run.
Glass is an overblown concern. The soles of your feet will gradually toughen as you slowly increase your amount of barefooting. Be alert and constantly scan the ground for anything reflective, but especially watch out for cars pulling out/into driveways. Run against traffic.
BTR Born to Run (book)
HIIT High intensity interval training
MR Minimalist Runner/Running
TMTS Too Much Too Soon - stress fracture risk
TOFP Top of Foot Pain
VFF Vibram Five Fingers - specify model(s)
857,662 subscribers a community for 5 years, 7 monthslast post 53 days ago [+]
Welcome to /r/EatCheapAndHealthy !!
> Remember, we come from a varied and diverse background, and all of us have different perceptions of what cheap and healthy means. There is no one right way to eat for all people and all budgets, and there is always room for improvement. Please keep things cordial and respectful, and if you think you have a better set of recipes, lead by example and post them!
Post your freezing, canning, recipes and ideas for people to eat both cheap and healthy.
> PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSION RULES:
> * All links must include a formatted recipe.
> * No direct links except to imgur.com and youtube.com
> * If you want to post a link to a website, you can use the SELF POST option and leave the formatted recipe along with an embedded link in the text box.
> * EXAMPLE
Please be constructive with your comments! If you have a healthier option, please post that instead of discourse.
- moderators will remove comments or users who just sow discourse and do not add to the healthy discussions. It's just food but to some people, the recipes, images, discussions and interactions here can help them to get to a better place in their personal lives. We use reddiquete as a rule here and not just a good idea.
Please help us grow the community.
While we encourage new content we also want the bloggers and people who just post external links to interact with the community. Any questions concerning whether you are a blogger with a reddit account or a redditor with a blog can be found here. Please feel free to contact the mods with any questions or comments.
GOOD AND CHEAP COOKBOOK BY LEANNE BROWN for $4 per day meals and helpful to Americans on SNAP programs.
THANKS FOR BEING PART OF AN AWESOME COMMUNITY !
We have daily [MOD POSTS] for the following themes:
[Whole Foods Wednesday]
If you would like to help contribute to these daily posts, please let us know! We welcome all users to be involved.
Other sub-reddits that you might like:
~ Full of essential ingredients that our community thinks are our most important staples ~
IF YOU WANT TO REPORT A POST OR COMMENT, SHOOT THE MODS A PM SO WE CAN BE ALERTED IMMEDIATELY. OTHERWISE THE REPORTED POST OR COMMENT MIGHT NOT BE SEEN FOR A WHILE. THANKS !!
CSS by Relic2279
14 subscribers a community for 8 yearslast post today [+]
Sometimes people do weird shit, like crunch ice cubes when low on iron. What if this is a misdirected adaptation originally developed to make anemics eat more bone marrow?
This subreddit is chartered as a place to explore an evolutionary approach to health and medicine.
25,429 subscribers a community for 10 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
This subreddit is for news and reviews of fast food (aka quick-service), fast casual, and casual restaurants -- covering everything fast food from multinational chains, regional and local chains, food trucks and food carts, the neighborhood taqueria, street vendors, etc.
Know of any good specials, new menu items, expansions into new regions or countries, etc.?
Tell us about the fast food and street food in your country.
What is your favorite type of fast food?
Burgers, tacos, burritos, fried chicken, fish and chips, doner kebabs or shish kebabs, pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs, curry, falafel, chinese take-out, chicken nuggets, breakfast burritos, french fries, onion rings, gyros, sausage roll, currywurst, poutine, sandwich wrap, salchipapas, taquitos, samosas, shawarma, empenadas, banh mi, pierogies, sushi, croquettes, meatballs, frikandel, dumplings, crepes, frikadeller, arepas, gorditas, pupusas, chicken wings, curly fries, or ????
New and limited-time fast food items
Fast food news
- chewboom food news
- brandeating news
- Eat Drink Deals - mostly fast casual and casual restaurants, plus app deals
Some restaurant chain specific reddits:
- Burger King
- Carls Jr
- Dairy Queen
- Del Taco
- Dunkin Donuts
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- /r/McLounge [for McD's employees]
- Olive Garden
- Panda Express
- Papa John's
- Pizza Hut
- Sonic Drive-In
- Subway enthusiasts
- Taco Bell
Other fastfood subreddits:
- Kids meals and their toys
- Fast Food War: upvote your favorite restaurant
- Tales From Fast Food
Plus a rather random collection of more food reddits:
- grilled cheese
- chicken nuggets
- chile con carne
- Coca Cola
- concession stands
- dinner: what's for dinner tonight?
- dinner exchange
- /r/doener (German)
- Dr Pepper
- /r/fishfingers: aka fish sticks
- /r/fried food
- /r/gems - for tater tots, etc.
- where to eat?
- /r/Wings - for chicken wings
- Basic sub rule: Be civil
- Please follow reddiquette and reddit rules.
- Posts must be specifically about fast food, fast casual, or casual restaurants or food.
- No editorialized titles, memes, image macros, blogspam, self-promotion, spam, or reposts.
- No insults, profanity, incivility, trolling, or bigotry. Nothing that is rude, vulgar or offensive.
- No ALL CAPS words or text, no bold text, and no #Headline text formatting! This is like SHOUTING and is considered rude. No ALL CAPS TITLES, even if the original headline was in all capital letters. No emoji. 😟
- All posts must be in English.
- Reddit is not Twitter or txt messaging. Complete sentences and proper spelling are expected. No #hashtags.
- No URL shorteners or archive links.
- No polls, surveys, or petitions. No class projects or assignments. No contest or game posts.
- No videos. No streaming. No animated GIFs. No Twitter. Nothing NSFW/NSFL.
- No slideshows or multi-page articles.
- Posts should only be about fast food restaurants, chains, and food. No posts about employee or customer freakouts, arrests, crimes, offbeat news, celebrity news, or other things that just happen to occur at or near a fast food restaurant.
- If a post is about a chain, or an item from a chain, the name of the chain must be in the title. If it's an article title, add the name in brackets, e.g. [Burger King].
- No posts that are primarily fast food company business or stock news.
- Additional posts on the same topic with no new info may be deleted.
- A discussion topic needs to be at least 4 months old before it can be repeated.
- No "what should I eat tonight" posts.
- Questions that can easily be answered by a Google search or searching a fast food chain's website will be deleted.
- No vague, misleading, or click-bait titles.
- Don't modify article titles unless the title is excessively vague! misleading, or clickbait-ish.
Custom snoo and header created by /u/ninjartist
1,763 subscribers a community for 7 years, 3 monthslast post 19 days ago [+]
For all things fibromyalgia. Share articles, stories, advice, and give support.
If your post is not showing up then it was flagged as spam. If this happens, please message a moderator and include the link to the post so we can approve it.
Nobody here is a verified medical professional. Use your own judgement on medical decisions.
Alternative Medicine If you want to advocate something from "alternative medicine" please be ready to provide scientific evidence for its efficacy. The last thing we all need is to waste money on useless treatments.
Other subreddits you might like:
r/invisible (Invisible illnesses)
We have an IRC channel at irc.freenode.net #r/fibro
6,505,620 subscribers a community for 10 years, 3 monthslast post today [+]
0.| No threads that are answered by the Wiki, searching, or Google
1.| Be respectful, civil, and charitable
2.| Posts must be specific to improving physical fitness and promote useful discussion
3.| Posting requirements
4.| Progress posts must be detailed and useful
5.| No medical, injury, or pain related questions
6.| Moderators have the final word
7.| No bots or novelty accounts
8.| No self promotion, surveys, or market research
9.| Routine critique requirements 10.| No Thread Derailing
Day|Thread :--|:-- Daily|Simple Questions Mon|Moronic Mondays Tue|Training Tuesdays Wed|Rant Wednesdays Fri|Physique Phridays Sat|Self-Promotion Saturdays Sat|Gym Story Saturdays Sun|Victory Sundays Meg|Megathreads
13,470,642 subscribers a community for 8 years, 4 monthslast post today [+]
- Weekends: Discussion & Text Only
- During the weekend, only self-posts are allowed to share stories, discussions and texts.
Please note: This is an actively moderated subreddit, calls will be made at the moderator's discretion. During the weekend, only self-posts are allowed to share stories, discussions and texts.
User flair corresponds with the number of posts/comments you have made in /r/GetMotivated.
- Tag your posts: All posts must have a tag.
- Be respectful: personal attacks, discrimination, harassment, racism, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Follow Rediquette: Please read Reddit's rules before posting.
- No spam, fundraising, vote drives, surveys or studies: Please read Reddit's self-promotion rules before posting your own content. Read more about fundraising, surveys and studies here.
- Keep posts and comments relevant: Posts must be directly motivating. Moderators reserve the right to moderate at their own discretion. Please view the full rules here
- No fortune cookies.
- Titles must be SFW. NSFW posts must be tagged.
- No Progress Pics. Body transformations/ progress pictures should go on /r/progresspics
Filter posts by category:
Points of Interest:
- The GetMotivated Guide/FAQ
- Best of GetMotivated
- Become a GetMotivated leader
- Top 32 Motivational Lectures
- Motivation Mondays
- Tactics Tuesdays
- Media Wednesdays
- Tough Thursdays
- FreeChat Fridays
- Suggestion Saturdays
- Successful Sundays
- Self-post weekends. During weekends, only self-posts are allowed.
Remove bad habits
Health and Fitness
Created by Redditors
2,062 subscribers a community for 8 years, 1 monthlast post 67 days ago [+]
For the half-minds and hounds alike, this subreddit is dedicated to all things hashing. On-on!
Looking for Hash events?
Check out the Event Calendar!
To put your hash name and kennel by your name follow these directions
New to Hashing?
The goals of the Hash House Harriers are:
- To promote physical fitness among the members.
- To get rid of weekend hangovers.
- To persuade older members they are not as old as they feel.
For more information and a fun video, check out the links below. If you're interested in finding your local kennel, Google your city + hash house harriers. Almost every major city has one and in most cases, you can check out multiple kennels and find the best fit.
Note: Mods are aware of your concerns, needs, and interest in making the subreddit bigger. If you have any ideas or suggestions, let us know!
374,992 subscribers a community for 10 years, 5 monthslast post today [+]
If you have a health related question, please ask the guys at /r/AskDocs. From now on, all health related questions need to be submitted to /r/AskDocs.
- Do not submit pics (please use /r/AskDocs if you have a health-related question)
- Do not submit videos
- Do not editorialize submission titles. As a general rule, try to keep your title as close as possible to the original title
- Do not submit links from personal blogs
- Do not use the sub to sell or advertise goods or services
- Do not flood the new queue
- Surveys and polls are not allowed
Other health related subreddits
- Ask Docs
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Breast Cancer
- Care Giver Support
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cleft Lip
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Crohn's Disease
- Graves Disease
- Global Health
- High-Intensity Interval Training
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Lactose Intolerant
- Macular Degeneration
- Male Support Network
- Medical Students
- Mental Health
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Natural Beauty
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
536 subscribers a community for 10 yearslast post 60 days ago [+]
News articles that have relevance to the health and well-being of human beings. Please refrain from submitting links to descriptions of health ailments.
Alternatives to the main subreddits:
7,482 subscribers a community for 8 yearslast post today [+]
Rules and General Information
Moderators will enforce Reddit's posted rules.
Insulting or antagonizing members is a bannable offense. Our members are here for insight, advice, and camaraderie.
If you have posted something and you believe it was removed as spam in error, please message the moderators to discuss.
Discussions about alternative therapies are permitted, but will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. This is not intended as bias against naturopathic/holistic approaches, but rather protective of our members against snake oil salesman.
Posts about diets, dietary restrictions, dietary limitations, and the removal of items from your diet are allowed here. We are open to the discussion about these things here.
We are not physicians. We encourage all members to find a capable, compassionate, intelligent practitioner and discuss advice given here with them.
Discussion of Graves Disease and hyperthyroidism is a-okay! A lot of hypothyroid people were once hyperthyroid due to Graves or thyroid cancer.
If you have any concerns please message the moderators here
Full list of thyroid lab tests:
/r/thethyroidmadness - for in depth discussion about research and thyroid related issues
749,212 subscribers a community for 8 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
- Cheating posts are not allowed. They're defeatist, negative posts and just aren't helpful for the majority of people - at worst, they serve as a trigger. Please keep diary-style posts containing cheat stories confined to the Daily Community Support thread pinned to the top of the sub.
- Please do not post memes, rage comics, and the like. Those posts will be deleted. If you want to post that kind of thing, post it in /r/ketorage.
- Posts considered to be "low-effort" will also be deleted.
- Do not sexualize progress posts. /r/ketogonewild exists for a reason. Rude comments; whether sexual, racist, sexist, homophobic or negative WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- No self promotion, personal blogs, affiliate links, product links, promotion of outside groups, surveys/market research posts. If you want to advertise, buy some Reddit ads.
Where to start
- Macro Calculator - Keto Macro Calculator
- Keto For Beginners - Brief overview
- FAQ - Please, use it!
- Keto Chat - Join the discussion
Tags for your posts, click to search
- [FP] - Food Porn. What did you cook, and how?
- [Pics] - Progress pics. Tag (semi)nudes as NSFW.
- [Update] - Progress reports and updates.
- [Science] - Articles, science, medical studies, etc.
- Keto Calculator - Quickly calculate your Macros.
- AreYouReadyToReddit's 1-Week Meal Plan - A Guide to plan your meals up to a week in advance.
- Keto Snacks - Keto snack favorites.
- Mega Video Collection - K4L's video compilation.
- MFP macro script - to show net carbs (Thanks /u/Surye)
- Online Progress Tracker - PapaTua's excellent progress tracker
- A Guide to Ketosis - by Joseph Artica
- Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - hundreds! of keto-tastic recipes
- /r/ketogains - Keto & exercise
- /r/ketoscience - scientific studies and papers about keto
- /r/xxketo - Lady-specific questions
- /r/vegetarianketo - It's possible!
- /r/ketorecipes - Lots of recipes, food porn
- /r/ketocirclejerk - Keto upside down!
- /r/progresspics - Show your progress
- /r/ketomeatup / de / es / in / nz / au / uk
- Other fitness and health related subs
303,076 subscribers a community for 9 years, 10 monthslast post today [+]
How to meditate - Stories relating to the practice of meditation.
Please keep the discussion clean and neutral. If you are part of a particular school of Meditation/Yoga then please disclose this and keep an open mind - there exist many forms of meditation, and experience of Truth is subjective by definition.
Please read up on the subreddit rules here, before posting.
Please do not post your personal blog, pretty pictures, or videos unless these have particular relevance to meditation - this does not include generic captioned images.
Images may be posted over at /r/meditationpics.
Meditation music and guided meditations may be posted over at /r/audiomeditation. Audio tracks consisting of teachings are OK to post here.
Short inspirational quotes or texts should be posted as self-posts.
Please don't use URL shorteners when submitting links! They will be caught by the spam filter, and users like to see where they're going.
Any recruiting, spam or uncivil behaviour is forbidden, and may be banned. Beware of scam artists!
If you see a post that is doing/not doing any of the above, and is breaking the subreddit rules, please report it!
PLEASE READ THE FAQ HERE
Meditation research in Reddit - Scientific papers on Meditation
INOS Meditation research- Search for any researched topic on meditation.
Meditation Related on Reddit
Meditation Pics - for meditation-related images.
Thanks to Radicalem for the great logo!
1,241 subscribers a community for 9 years, 8 monthslast post 2 days ago [+]
1,100 subscribers a community for 9 years, 3 monthslast post 37 days ago [+]
Zika, H5N1, Swine Flu, Bubonic Plague, Ebola, Hemorrhagic Fever, SARS, HIV/AIDS, you name it. This is a place for the discussion of all things disease related.
2,920 subscribers a community for 6 years, 5 monthslast post today [+]
Do not ask for medical advice!
- Don't ask us "is this arthritis."
- You may ask for medical information.
- Reddit's Medical Information Disclaimer
No links to "cures" or personal blogs.
Titles should provide context.
No content behind a paywall.
No surveys without mod approval.
Mandatory Reddit site-wide rules
490,938 subscribers a community for 9 years, 11 monthslast post today [+]
Running US Meetup 2019
Running EURO Meetup 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Post all accomplishments in our Daily Achievements Thread
Post caught in the spam filter? Message the moderators
Failure to follow the posting procedures will result in the removal of the offending post or it being locked if deemed necessary by the moderation team.
A Suggestion on Questions!
In an effort to limit repetitive content,
the moderation team recommends that users wishing to ask questions do so in our Daily Q&A post or Moronic Monday thread. This includes any question that could easily be answered with 'Yes' and 'No' responses.
Filter By Flair:
(1) - Follow proper Reddiquette and the subreddit's Posting Procedures. Keep it civil and do not make threats or use excessive foul language. Harassment, trolling, and hate speech will not be tolerated. The moderation team reserves the right to remove content or restrict user posting privileges as necessary.
(2) - Low-effort & low-quality posts, recent reposts, chronically repetitive posts, posts not directly related to running, and questions that are easily answered by Wiki, searching r/running, or Google are subject to removal at the moderation team's discretion.
(4) - Please do not post elite race results in the title of posts.
(5) - Please make your title descriptive. This means letting readers know roughly what your post will be about before they click. Question is not a good title for a post. Neither is Help needed. Do not use excessive emoji characters in the titles of posts.
(6) - Displaying detailed personal information of anyone other than yourself is prohibited. Submission of content focused on ousting cheaters will be removed at the moderation team's discretion.
(7) - Do not solicit or offer medical advice. This includes 'Has anyone else experienced this injury?' type posts.
(8) - Do not submit photos, videos, or memes that add nothing to the discussion.
(9) - The 'TMI Rule' - Individual posts highlighting bodily functions such as bowel movements will be removed at discretion of the moderation team.
Visit all of our recurring threads. Daily, weekly, monthly, there are a lot to pick from. If you're looking for a more specific place to ask a question, have a more in depth conversation or simply need to get something off your chest, then check out some of the most active recurring threads we have! There's something for everyone.
---> Click HERE for our detailed list! <---
[Twitter Announcements] (https://twitter.com/RunnitAnnouncer)
[Race Reportr] (https://martellaj.github.io/race-reportr/)
[Run Goals Spreadsheet] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArTVz-nvTm8ydFhrQWRyQTl3c1NVRl9ZM0VycEhXaGc&usp=sharing)
- Click here to stay up to date on the most recent announcements made by the moderators of /r/running.
- Running "Order of Operations": How to build up your training
- Chat live with runners
- New to running?
- Need a place to log your runs?
- Just want to learn more about running?
- Pfitzinger Webinar
- Strava Global Heat Map
- Advanced Running
- Adventure Racing
- Amileaday (streak running)
- ARTC-for the sport of running
- Couch to 5k and 10k
- Cross Country
- First Marathon
- Highschool Cross Country
- Highschool Track
- Masters Running
- Obstacle Course Racing
- Post pictures of your running routes!
- RaceIt, for racing and race reports
- Running Music
- Running lifestyle, anything goes!
- Running Meals
- Running with Dogs
- Track and Field
- Trail Runners
- Traveling Singlet
Subreddit style from r/naut
68,044 subscribers a community for 8 years, 9 monthslast post today [+]
This subreddit is a place for redditors to motivate each other to quit smoking. We welcome anyone who wishes to join in by asking or giving advice, sharing stories, or just encouraging someone who is trying to quit.