26,449 subscribers a community for 9 years, 2 monthslast post today [+]
PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING
This is a place for artists to:
- Discuss the mechanics of acting technique (Adler, Chekhov, Meisner etc.).
- To troubleshoot performance blockages.
- Discuss solutions for character enhancement or realization.
- Assist with on-set and on-stage etiquette.
- Discuss the business of the craft.
Offer your advice with imagination, honesty, and empathy.
- Please read the FAQ before posting.
- Any comments deemed insulting or abusive will result in a one-day subreddit suspension. Repeated or flagrant violations will result in a permanent subreddit ban.
- No meme submissions, please.
- Looking for a monologue? Please read this post first and be sure to follow the guidelines therein if you still need to post a request.
- Do not post links to someone's/ your own acting classes, your post will be removed. If you want to help people learn, give constructive advice.
- If you are looking to hire actors, we welcome the opportunity, but please be as specific as possible about project/ audition.
- Headshot feedback posts are allowed in the sub at large, but posts regarding type/branding/age range will be contained to the Thursday headshot posts thanks to an influx of those questions.
- For some reason this needs to be said: no piracy in the sub please.
- How to Get Started
- Resume Formatting
- Finding & Requesting Monologues
- A Brief Introduction to Avoiding Scams
- Moving to LA
- Moving to NYC
- Moving to Atlanta
- Podcasts about Acting
- [Monologue Thread] (http://www.reddit.com/r/acting/comments/zodh2/monologue_thread/)
- Headshot Help Thread
- Accent Resources
- On Method Acting
- On The Michael Chekhov Technique
Books & Plays
Casting Websites/Breakdowns & Auditions