3,203 subscribers a community for 6 years, 9 monthslast post 2 days ago [+]
> The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.
- Noam Chomsky
This subreddit was made to highlight threads that express unnecessarily narrow views regarding the state, capitalism, gender, race, sexuality, ability, and species.
The anti-oppression guidelines created for /r/Anarchism are in effect.
Please try to avoid downvoting in linked threads.
- Post only links to reddit threads
- Name the linked subreddit in the title
- Descriptive titles are good, but using the 'suggest title' button is fine
- Self-posts should have a [META] tag at the beginning (please discuss meta-posts with the mods first)
Moderators are a working group that meets in modmail whose tasks are limited to:
- Implementing the consensus design of the sub through logos, CSS, and information in the sidebar
- Clearing posts in the modqueue
- Using the promote function to highlight subreddit announcements
- Upholding the anti-oppression guidelines (see below)
- Carrying out any other tasks requested by the consensus of the community
Since the moderators are an open committee, essentially anyone can join (given there is no objection from the community). If any moderator uses mod powers beyond the tasks assigned above, they will be removed and their changes reverted.
This is a safe space for marginalized people. As such, we will use moderator capabilities to remove misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. in accordance to the anti-oppression guidelines created for /r/Anarchism.