27,368 subscribers a community for 9 yearslast post 8 days ago [+]
Please read Wiki before posting | Baofeng related posts should use /r/Baofeng
> ## Welcome!
> Welcome to reddits own amateur (ham) radio club. If you are wondering what Amateur Radio is about, it's basically a two way radio service where licensed operators throughout the world experiment and communicate with each other on frequencies reserved for license holders.
>All topics relating to the hobby are welcome here, from purchasing and building equipment, to operating techniques and activities, and everything in between.
> How can I get on HF on a tight budget?
> How do I get a license? > In the US, new licenses take up two weeks to process. Longer if there is a federal holiday. Varies depending on sponsoring VEC (ARRL, Laurel) > All Baofeng related questions should be posted at /r/Baofeng >* Please read our Wiki for more information before posting any questions
> ## Rules > 1. No personal attacks, hate speech or discriminatory remarks allowed.
2. Do not spam your product, website, blog, YouTube channel or other personal project.
3. Keep flair SFW and applicable to the hobby. No URLs.
4. Do not post another user's personal information. This includes callsign if they don't have it publicly displayed!
5. Keep it legal. Posts containing blatant or intentionally illegal or malicious content may be removed at the moderators' discretion.
6. Use Reddiquette. We take it seriously here.
7. Don't be a d_ck. Seriously. Just knock it off. Mods will remove posts and comments at their discretion for violating this.
8. The moderators have the final say. We will strive to maintain a fair, inclusive, and positive atmosphere, but we can't please all of the people, all of the time.
> ## #Redditnet IRC/DMR Chat >Want to make contact with other /r/amateurradio members? Join us on IRC for net and/or sked coordination.
>IRC: irc.geekshed.net #redditnet
>We're also on DMR on the Brandmeister Network
> ## Related Subreddits
>/r/twoway_radioporn - Nice Two-Way radio
>/r/morse - Learn morse code!
>/r/hamspots - Tell others about on air stations
>/r/hamfest - Swap and Sell!
>/r/rtlsdr - Discuss the popular $20 SDR
>/r/shortwave - Ride the airwaves
>/r/hampota - Parks On The Air
>/r/hamitforward - Pay It Forward, ham radio style
>/r/antennasporn - Nice Antennas!
>/r/PDXhamradio - Portland OR Ham Radio
>/r/baofeng - Subreddit Dedicated to the Baofeng Radio
>/r/EmComm - Subreddit For Emergency Communications
>/r/radio - AM/FM/Sat Radio.
>/r/GMRS - Better than FRS!
>/r/CBradio - 40 Channels of Fun
>/r/flexradiosystems - Flex Your SDR Muscles
>/r/hamdevs - Hardware/Software Development
>/r/diytubes - Valves... The hard way