16,134,347 subscribers a community for 10 years, 1 monthlast post today [+]
Please read our guidelines and FAQ before posting
- Answer questions with accurate, in-depth explanations, including peer-reviewed sources where possible
- Upvote on-topic answers supported by reputable sources and scientific research
- Downvote anecdotes, speculation, and jokes
- Report comments that do not meet our guidelines, including medical advice
- Be civil: Remember the human and follow Reddiquette
- Book List
- Mods' Choice: Outstanding posts recognized by the mod team
- Weekly Features: Archives of AskAnything Wednesday, FAQ Fridays, and more!
- FAQ: In-depth answers to many popular questions
- New and gilded posts
- /r/AskScienceDiscussion: For open-ended and hypothetical questions
Filter by Field
Physics|Theoretical Physics, Experimental Physics, High-energy Physics, Solid-State Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Relativity, Quantum Physics, Plasma Physics
Mathematics|Mathematics, Statistics, Number Theory, Calculus, Algebra Astronomy|Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology, Planetary Formation
Computing|Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computability Earth and Planetary Sciences|Earth Science, Atmospheric Science, Oceanography, Geology
Engineering|Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering Chemistry|Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Polymers, Biochemistry Social Sciences|Social Science, Political Science, Economics, Archaeology, Anthropology, Linguistics
Biology|Biology, Evolution, Morphology, Ecology, Synthetic Biology, Microbiology, Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Paleontology
Psychology|Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Abnormal, Social Psychology Medicine|Medicine, Oncology, Dentistry, Physiology, Epidemiology, Infectious Disease, Pharmacy, Human Body Neuroscience|Neuroscience, Neurology, Neurochemistry, Cognitive Neuroscience
Date|Description :--|:-- 17 Oct|AskScience AMA Series: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - Colormaps for the colorblind 17 Oct|Ask Anything Wednesday - Physics, Astronomy, Earth and Planetary Science 22 Oct|AskScience AMA Series: Embark Veterinary 23 Oct|Mole Day 24 Oct|Ask Anything Wednesday - Engineering, Mathematics, Computer science 28 Oct|Jonas Salk's Birthday (b.1914) 31 Oct|Ask Anything Wednesday - Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Medicine, Psychology 5 Nov|AskScience AMA Series: Fact Checking in Science Journalism 7 Nov|Ask Anything Wednesday - Economics, Political Science, Linguistics, Anthropology 7 Nov|Marie Curie's Birthday (b.1867) 8 Nov|AskScience AMA Series: WebMD and Genetic Counseling 14 Nov|Ask Anything Wednesday - Physics, Astronomy, Earth and Planetary Science
Are you a science expert?
- Looking for flair? Sign up to be a panelist!
- For more open-ended questions, try /r/AskScienceDiscussion | Sign up to be a panelist!
We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers. -Carl Sagan, Cosmos