199,560 subscribers a community for 9 years, 6 monthslast post today [+]
• audio·phile: a person with love for, affinity towards or obsession with high-quality playback of sound and music.
r/audiophile is a forum for discussion of the pursuit of quality audio reproduction of all forms, budgets, and sizes. Our primary goal is insightful discussion of equipment, sources, music, and audio concepts.
- Be most excellent towards your fellow redditors. And by "be most excellent" we mean no personal attacks, threats, bullying, trolling, baiting, flaming, hate speech, racism, sexism, or other behavior that makes humanity look like scum.
- Ask for purchase advice in the sticky purchase help thread. This includes purchase advice for all gear and peripherals.
- Post questions about tech support and general help in the sticky tech support/general help thread. Low effort questions also go here.
- Image posts must show functioning/connected gear, and be accompanied by impressions or a review that adds value to the post. The impressions or review do not need to be exhaustive, but they should strive to explain how you feel about the product(s) and why you feel that way. No pictures of unopened boxes!
- We do not allow: affiliate links, links to affiliate farms, pirated content, NSFW/NSFL content, market research, surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, spam or self promotion.
- Selling or buying? Please use /r/AVExchange
- Post headphones and portable audio related content in /r/headphones
What we want to see
- Content that facilitates discussion about audio quality
- New hardware releases
- Gear reviews
- Reviews of audiophile music
- Discussions on audio technology
- Photos of your setup. Or someone else's if it gives audiophiles "The fizz"
Post not appearing?
If you made a post to /r/audiophile that is in accordance with our rules as listed above, and it doesn't seem to appear on the front page, please message the moderators.
- /r/headphones - Headphones and portable Audio
- /r/audiophilemusic - Music for audiophiles
- /r/audioengineering - Pro audio/engineering
- /r/diyaudio - Do-It-Yourself Audio - also /r/diytubes and /r/diysound
- /r/BudgetAudiophile - for restricted budget hifi
- /r/headphonemods - DIY Headphone mods
- /r/headphoneporn - Headphone pictures
- /r/audiorepair - Repair help for audio gear
- /r/AVexchange - Trade used AV gear
- /r/avporn - AV pictures
- /r/CarAV - Car Audio and Video
- /r/vintageaudio - Vintage audio gear
- /r/vinyl - Turntables & Records
Moderators may at their discretion remove content that fits better in one of the above subreddits.
Subreddit's theme is /r/Minimaluminiumalism.
> ###### Need music? Try /r/audiophilemusic