76,910 subscribers a community for 4 years, 3 monthslast post 2 days ago [+]
Wondering Wednesday, 21 June 2017: What would be the discovery of a lifetime for your field of study or interest?
Badhistory is a place to facepalm and discuss the particularly dire sorts of history that we encounter on a day-to-day basis. Although we primarily focus on Reddit, history from anywhere is welcome whether it's from school, tv, books, real life conversations, movies, or anything else.
Badhistory is a place to equally learn, and have a good time, with both serious and silly topics!
Rule 1: No voting in linked threads. Please use np.reddit.com or else your post will be removed
Rule 2: Do NOT discuss politics within 20 years.
Rule 3: Obvious conspiracy theories should be posted to /r/topmindsofreddit. Posts that are soap-boxing or pushing a specific ideology may be removed.
Rule 4: Do NOT be an Asshole. No slurs or hateful language in your comments or posts. Do not maliciously \/u/summon people or circle-jerk over 'bad' subreddits for non-history related reasons. Comments complaining that a post is too picky/pedantic/about fiction, will be removed.
Rule 5: Include a description of why your submission is bad history or your post will be removed. These are the minimum requirements for an acceptable R5:
- A quote from the person or group perpetrating the badhistory. No link dumping allowed.
- A quote from an appropriate source directly refuting the badhistory, or your own explanation of why the selected quote is badhistory. Simply leaving a link and saying "Here's the explanation" isn't enough. Quote the pertinent parts of the refutation in your post.
Sources for answers can come from a variety of places.
- Wikipedia can be used for basic fact checking
- Books or Documentaries, as long as you source them
- Personal Knowledge in the field. You may be asked to back it up.
Posts submitted without these bare minimum requirements will be removed until they're updated.
If you have a discussion question, please message the moderators about it first! We can incorporate it into Wondering Wednesday.
Rule 6: If you were involved in the discussion you wish to link, you must wait for the conversation to 'die' before posting.
Rule 7: No posting badhistory found on /r/badhistory, to /r/badhistory. Please leave any corrections in the comments!
The /r/BadSubHub IRC (Follow the rules!)
/r/badhistory Inside Jokes (All praise the Volcano and Edward's time machine)