30,905 subscribers a community for 5 years, 9 monthslast post 248 days ago [+]
Welcome to r/Bettafish!
Please take a second to read our rules before posting or commenting:
hover for details
1. BE NICE.|We're all humans with real human feelings. (Most of us.)
2. No spam or advertisements.|We're sure your YouTube channel is very nice, but this isn't the place to advertise it. Also, posting the same question more than once in a day will upset the mods. You don't want to do that.
3. No posts or comments praising or advertising betta fighting.|Seriously, do we need to tell you why?
4. We need your parameters if we're going to help diagnose.|If you have a question or problem, please add a CLEAR picture and some details (tanksize, equipment, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels etc.). "Everything is fine" is not a tank parameter!
5. Do not post pictures of empty bowls/crappy habitats.|We know they suck, everyone here knows they suck. We've all walked past them at some point.
6. Do not publicly shame another fish owner for how they're keeping their fish.|Educate, don't berate. Every person that's educated on proper betta care had to start somewhere- why not refer them to our caresheet? Everyone here knows, or will know, how to properly care for a betta- foaming at the mouth over every little injustice will give us, /r/bettafish, a bad name. We are a community of support and pretty fish, not an echo chamber.
7. Proper use of the Rant flair|The Rant flair should be used for venting out your own fish keeping frustrations, or bemoaning an idiot fish- not an ignorant human's mistakes.
8. Don't post irrelevant stuff, ok?|If it doesn't involve a betta fish, it doesn't belong.
9. All posts but memes must be original content.|Unless you're posting a side-by-side comparison of the advertised betta to the one you actually received, posting breeder images isn't allowed. Repost those memes, though, you know you want to.
- Remove filters
- Full Tank Shot
- Temperature: 25 -27 °C / 78 - 80 °F
- pH: 6.0 - 8.0 (or 5.0 - 7.0 for wild-collected)
- Hardness: 18 - 268 ppm
- I impulse bought/was gifted a betta, what now?!
- What kind of tank do I need?
- What is cycling?
- How do I deal with an ammonia spike?
- What type of betta do I have?
- Is this a male or a female betta?
- Which other fish can live with a betta?
- What decorations should I get?
- What is wrong with my betta?
- IRC chat
- Fishless cycling
- Suitable tankmates
- What type is my betta?
- Bettafish diseases
New to bettafish? Please check out our sidebar and caresheet! | Want more information? Check out our wiki!
Want to contribute to our wiki? Request a flair? Please message the mods.