16,837 subscribers a community for 6 years, 5 monthslast post 139 days ago [+]
>#If you have questions about or want to discuss methods of birth control, this is the place for you! Please see our sidebar for some great resources.
1. Not Doctors: Please feel free to discuss medical concerns, but we are not a substitute for your doctor or pharmacy.
2. Welcoming: Please be welcoming and do not shame BC novices or birth control methods.
3. Tact: Be mindful that human sexuality and comfortability with pregnancy risks varies widely.
4. Respectful: Personal attacks, name-calling, trolling, etc. will not be tolerated and will be removed.
(https://www.reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette): The Downvote Button is not a disagree button.
6. No Selling, Advertising, or Surveys: No selling medications, self promotion, surveys, or seeking participants for studies. Be sure to read Reddit's Self Promotion Guidelines. 7. Factual Comments: This in no way limits posting personal experiences. However, overly broad comments that run counter to established medical knowledge must be substantiated with evidence that has been subjected to meaningful peer-review. Comments that are unsubstantiated must state that or may be removed.
>###Contraceptive Options [Guide] (http://bedsider.org/methods)
Typical Use Effective Rates:
• Male Sterilization: 99%
• Female Sterilization: 99%
• Arm Implant (if properly in place): 99%
• IUD (if properly in place): 99%
• Shot (also known as Depo): 94%
• The Ring: 91%
• The Patch: 91%
• The Pill: 91%
• Diaphragm: 88%
• Sponge (Never Given Birth): 88%
• Cervical Cap (Never Given Birth): 86%
• Male Condom: 85%
• Female Condom: 79%
• Withdrawal: 78%
• Fertility Awareness: 76% - 88%
• Sponge (Given Birth): 76%
• Spermicide: 72%
• Cervical cap (Given Birth): 71%
> *Recommended you check placement monthly.
> Effective Rates when using Two Methods
>###Looking for Experience Posts? - Consolidated Experience Post Links
>###Compare Pills / IUDs /Etc? - Chart to compare oral contraceptives - 2nd Chart to compare oral contraceptives - [Explanation of different types of progestin] (https://www.verywell.com/different-progestin-types-906936) - [Compare IUDs & Implants by /u/tergajakobs] (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Brm6p9h4GKUyDSOqgn1kzQ6ZzCkAtjWdYBA8D3HDdk/edit?usp=sharing)
>###Birth Control Failure?
- How to Get EC Pills
- Copper IUD as EC
- Cheap Pregnancy Tests
- Abortion resources - Planned Parenthood - How to Find an Abortion Clinic - If Abortion is Restricted in Your Country
>###Other Helpful Tips:
- Bleeding Side effect?
- How to Switch Methods?
- Period vs Withdrawal Bleeding on the Pill?
- Privacy on Your Parent's Health Insurance - Supportive Doctor list from /r/childfree
- In US and have problems with insurance? - Which medications mess with birth control? - Common IUD myths - Pill Myths: Weight gain & other myths
Use the filters to see or exclude posts from one category and "All Posts" to return to the original feed. Or search using flair (e.g. flair:which)
>##Filter To See
> |Which Method?|Experience| |:--|:--| |How to?|Side Effects!?| |Mistake and Risk?|Rant!| |Educational|Other| All Posts