12,219 subscribers a community for 5 years, 8 monthslast post 139 days ago [+]
>#If you have questions about or want to discuss methods of birth control, this is the place for you! Please see our sidebar for some great resources.
1. Not Doctors: Please feel free to discuss medical concerns, but we are not a substitute for your doctor or pharmacy.
2. Welcoming: Please be welcoming and do not shame BC novices or birth control methods.
3. Tact: Be mindful that human sexuality and comfortability with pregnancy risks varies widely.
4. Respectful: Personal attacks, name-calling, trolling, etc. will not be tolerated and will be removed.
(https://www.reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette): The Downvote Button is not a disagree button.
6. No Selling, Advertising, or Surveys: No selling medications, self promotion, surveys, or seeking participants for studies. Be sure to read Reddit's Self Promotion Guidelines.
>###Contraceptive Options [Guide] (http://bedsider.org/methods)
Typical Use Effective Rates:
• Male Sterlization: 99%
• Female Sterilization: 99%
• Arm Implant (if properly in place): 99%
• IUD (if properly in place): 99%
• Shot (also known as Depo): 94%
• The Ring: 91%
• The Patch: 91%
• The Pill: 91%
• Diaphragm: 88%
• Sponge (Never Given Birth): 88%
• Cervical Cap (Never Given Birth): 86%
• Male Condom: 82%
• Female Condom: 79%
• Withdrawal: 78%
• Fertility Awareness: 76% - 88%
• Sponge (Given Birth): 76%
• Spermicide: 72%
• Cervical cap (Given Birth): 71%
> *Recommended you check placement monthly.
> Effective Rates when using Two Methods
>###Looking for Experience Posts? - Consolidated Experience Post Links
>###Compare Pills / IUDs /Etc? - Chart to compare oral contraceptives - 2nd Chart to compare oral contraceptives - 3rd Chart to compare oral contraceptives - [Explanation of different types of progestin] (http://www.contraception.about.com/od/thepill/tp/ProgestinTypes.htm) - [Compare IUDs & Implants by /u/tergajakobs] (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Brm6p9h4GKUyDSOqgn1kzQ6ZzCkAtjWdYBA8D3HDdk/edit?usp=sharing)
>###Birth Control Failure?
- How to Get EC Pills
- Copper IUD as EC
- Cheap Pregnancy Tests
- Abortion resources - Planned Parenthood - How to Find an Abortion Clinic
- If Abortion is Restricted in Your Country
>###Other Helpful Tips:
- Bleeding Side effect?
- How to Switch Methods?
- Period vs Withdrawal Bleeding on the Pill?
- Privacy on Your Parent's Health Insurance - Supportive Doctor list from /r/childfree
- In US and have problems with insurance? - Which medications mess with birth control? - Common IUD myths
Use the filters to see or exclude posts from one category and "All Posts" to return to the original feed. Or search using flair (e.g. flair:which)
>##Filter To See
> |Which Method?|Experience| |:--|:--| |How to Use?|Side Effects!?| |Mistake and Risk?|Rant!| |Educational|Other| All Posts