304,130 subscribers a community for 1 year, 8 monthslast post unknown [+]
Please read everything under here before posting or commenting.
Inspired by this old meme
I asked this question in /r/findareddit and couldn't find anything so I decided to make this sub.
Memes that start with "roses are red, violets are blue" then have screencaps of stuff that complete the poem. Doesn't exactly have to be "roses are red, violets are blue" but something along those lines.
- All posts containing pornographic images should be marked NSFW. If the headline in the post has swear words it doesn't need to be marked, but anything with an image should have the NSFW tag.
- Don't put the punchline in the title. General format is title is first two lines, linked image is the last two lines, or the title is a description and the entire poem is in the post.
- Try to make sure your post has good rhyme/meter. Good rhyme/meter is "True BootTooBig" while bad rhyme/meter is "Small Boots." If a "Small Boots" post is posted outside of Small Boots Sunday, it will be removed. Low effort posts will also be removed. At the moment, final discretion is up to the mods.
- Be civil. Don't be rude to other redditors. This means no personal attacks, no racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/etc., no slurs, nothing. Keep arguments civil. If you want to make edgy jokes or directly attack people, take it elsewhere.
- Don't argue about politics. This is a fun sub and we want to keep politics out of it. However, mentioning political figures is okay as long as you aren't pushing an agenda.
- If you post a wordless/implied post, make sure to put the punchline in the comments. A lot of posts go over people's heads, so by putting it in the comments you can include them in the joke. This is more of a courtesy/suggestion than a hard rule but please still try to follow it.
- Try to avoid reposts. If the body is the same, you'll get a warning and a post flair. If the poem is exactly the same as one of the top posts, it'll get removed.
Final discretion is up to the mods. If you think your post/comment was unfairly removed, send us a message and we'll discuss it. However, arguments such as "they started it" or "what about all the other posts that do this" won't be considered and will lengthen your ban.
You can report a post as one of the above flairs if there isn't a flair on it and you think it deserves it. If a post receives too many "Small Boots" reports and it was not posted on a Sunday, it will be removed as a rule 3 violation.
There is also "Quality Shitpost" for posts that the mods think are exceptionally good.
Subreddits we enjoy: